Flap for front of bed

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I am in the process of making a rubber strip across the front of the bed like Groundsmechanic but I could not find apiece of rubber stripping. So I purchased a roll of 9' garage door seal. I turned it upside down so that the beveled edge points up. I carefully line it up so there is tension on the door seal as the bed is let down.

I will take pictures tomorrow if anyone is interested.
I think everyone would love to see what you come up with.

Last edited:

Old Man 1944

Gold Site Supporter
[by Old Man 1944
I am in the process of making a rubber strip across the front of the bed like Groundsmechanic but I could not find apiece of rubber stripping. So I purchased a roll of 9' garage door seal. I turned it upside down so that the beveled edge points up. I carefully line it up so there is tension on the door seal as the bed is let down.] This for a RTV 1100CW.

Attachments

• IMG_0763.jpg
    IMG_0763.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 75

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Hmm Old post I know but I was searching about the same design .
Rubber garage door type seal between bed and cab .
Rekon a lot of heat escapes through this area? I was wondering if closing it off would create a heat pocket.

Had in mind putting on opposing seals .. One attached to the cab. Another to the bed and each coming together as bed closed making a tight seal .
Can that release valve on back of cab be relocated a little lower? ...x1100

Last edited:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i don't think you will cause overheating. on my 2014 X1100c there was a fire caused by grass or hay probably that made it's way down from between the bed and the cab. a few years later KTC recalled and now i have a silicone rubber flap that covers the engine compartment. it hasn't caused any heating issues. does your machine have the flap???

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Yes sir has the Orange flap.
As it sits in the driveway for a little while while fall leaves come down .
Many have collected on the engine .Came from between cab and bed. I think gonna seal it up .
Ive read about the fires. Dont want one of those.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
probably ok to move it. it is an air bleed for the cooling system. just don't forget to lift it up when bleeding air from the cooling system or you could warp the head.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Oh Lord .. I got to order a service manual for this thing. :oops:
Previous owner said was just serviced about 10 hours ago.
But the front grease serts and A arm bushing didnt have crap for lube in the, .
I thought it was a ball joint nose I heard. Was just the A arms

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
yup. keep an eye on ebay. sometimes they are on there for a good deal. i don't like the ones on disk but i got one with some greasy thumb prints on it for a good deal. have your a arms been updated? with the washers? also there was a recall i think on the hubs.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
I dont see any updated washers ,,, . I tried to find the racall info .. all I could find was the fire situation. ( rubber flap)
Also read some where a axle recall ??? Where is that info ?

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Oh I found it here on the forum. (recall about the hubs) But not found the a arm recall yet.
Thank you for bringing that to my attention !
checked the rear hubs with a magnet .. Indeed IRON . so they have been replaced . :clap:

Last edited:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i don't think there was a recall on the a arms. but there might have been a tsb about a suspension clunk when the a arms would move forward and rear because of excessive clearance. it was only on the early units i think. take a look at your a arms to see if there is a machine washer on both sides of the bushing. it it has these then it has been fixed. mine was done before KTC had any TSB by a real good service tech at the dealer were i bought. he just used regular machine washers and ground a flat on one side. pretty simple.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
if it doesn't bother you i don't think it is a problem. could be yours doesn't need to be fixed anyway. just watch those area for wear and address if needed.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
I figured out a seal / cover for that little space between bed and cab.
Seals up tight like a door when ya close the bed now..

Attachments

• 1121201457.jpg
    1121201457.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 20