Belly mower for new B3200

Miker

Dealer tells me there is only one I can use, RC7227BA. The price is MUCH higher than I expected. Is there any hope of finding a used one or fitting another model to the tractor?

Mike

LETHAL GTS

RCK60-27BA $3,080.00 CAD Fits B2910,B7800,B3200
OR
RC72-27BA $3,694.00 CAD Fits B3200,B7800HSD

You could try and find someone with a B7800 that has a mower deck for sale. The B7800 was a very popular model.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Or do as I did, to save a few bucks I went with the Rear Finish Mower (RFM). My mowing is mostly open areas so the RFM turned out to be a good decision for my needs. I got a Bush Hog 72" mower for a little over 1500 dollars. It did a fine job for me. I did upgrade to a ZTR a few years later and now I do all my mowing with a ZTR and do brush hogging and other chores with the tractor.

machold

The tractor is rather large for a MMM, but if you have trees, MMM is better; however, the ROPS will break a lot of branches. If few or no trees, best bet is a rear-end finish mower. I have a used Caroni that does a marvellous job in the rows between tree lines.

Kanook

Too bad that a RCK-60-F30 wouldn,t work. I have one that is in very good condition that I never use. It fits my F3060 that I use for snow blowing only.:letitsnow:

machold

Have you mowed with the F30? If so, how is it around trees? I've always thought that front-mounts are better around trees. Was also thinking of using the machine for blowing snow as well, but my needs were greater, so I got the B3030, plus attachments.

LETHAL GTS

The tractor is rather large for a MMM, but if you have trees, MMM is better; however, the ROPS will break a lot of branches. If few or no trees, best bet is a rear-end finish mower. I have a used Caroni that does a marvellous job in the rows between tree lines.

It's not too big for a mmm. I sell units larger than this with mid mounts. For maneuverability the 3pt mower takes a back seat to a mid mount as well. Plus keep in mind that with a rear mower, you are driving over the grass twice before the mower gets to it. That cuts down on your production.
I would take a mid mount over a 3pt any day of the week.
Where the 3pt mowers come in handy is when you don't have a mid PTO to run the mid mower or you have an older tractor where the mid mower has been discontinued and you are forced to go with the 3pt. However 3pt mowers are typically easier to remove and install as well.

LETHAL GTS

Have you mowed with the F30? If so, how is it around trees? I've always thought that front-mounts are better around trees. Was also thinking of using the machine for blowing snow as well, but my needs were greater, so I got the B3030, plus attachments.

They really shine in that situation. For cutting grass, the front mount mowers are the best unit out there.

Kanook

Yes< I have used the out front mower and it does do a beautiful job. In my situation (lots of trees with low hanging branches and a tall heated cab for snowblowing) however make it impractical. With the cab removed it is quite good for getting around trees but I use a ZTR for mowing so the poor old 3060 just languishes all summer, waiting for the snow to fly. It does a bang up job with a 52in blower out front for my residential driveway clearing business.

machold

Kanook, thanks for the reply. Maneuverability is why I have a smaller tractor with MMM, but for wide open spaces over large terrain, I use the pull-behind.