mrbb

SOLD

OK looking to sell a 1948 REO Speed Wagon truck
truck was bought new, and owned by a friends father
it was garage kept since day one

the Father died in 1967 and truck was parked in the same garage and left there
MY friend passed away, and the truck became his wife's
so the truck was more or less a one owner truck
She is looking to sell the truck, as the family estate was settled and the garage the truck lived in was lost
SO, I now have the truck at a friends farm now, and its outside
as I don't have a building(YET) it will fit in
SO I am trying to sell the truck for my friends wife
it has 28,485 miles on it
its VERY clean as in NO rust, no real dents, all body parts are there, all glass is in 100% condition, NO cracks, NO missing tail lights or badges or the likes
truck NEVER seen Snow or road salt , and NEVER even drove on a HI way
it has one extra rear wheel, and two brand new front tires NOT on the truck, there extra's

ALL I have done to truck so far is winch it out of garage onto a trailer, and towed it to my friend sand took it off the trailer there
I have NOT tried the motor to see if it is free, or try to start it or the like's
I just moved it from one place top another
BACK in 2013 I had a guy look truck over and told me motor was FREE, as it was in a family settlement for a while now, and that sale never took place due to not being settled

BUT MY friend NOW has a clean title in hand and is wanting to sell it

the asking price on the truck is $6,000.00
its located at zip code 18220, Deleno PA (Ne Pa)

would LOVE to see this thing sell before winter, as I feel bad seeing it outside now after SO many yrs of being stored in a dry garage!

here are a few pic'\s
first is what it looked like coming out of garage, and then how it sits now at my friends off the trailer after it got rained on

Attachments

• new REO truck pic's 002.jpg
    new REO truck pic's 002.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 2,709
  • new REO truck pic's 006.jpg
    new REO truck pic's 006.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 2,819
  • new REO truck pic's 010.jpg
    new REO truck pic's 010.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 2,743
  • new REO truck pic's 011.jpg
    new REO truck pic's 011.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 2,708
  • new REO truck pic's 020.jpg
    new REO truck pic's 020.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 2,677
  • new REO truck pic's 025.jpg
    new REO truck pic's 025.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 2,613
  • new REO truck pic's 047.jpg
    new REO truck pic's 047.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 2,638
  • reo2.jpg
    reo2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 2,780

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Dang. That looks like a fun project truck.

You're only a few hundred miles away.

I'd like to get something like this but just have way too many things on my plate right now. :(

mrbb

well thanks,
BUT man I wish you would take it off my hands
this truck sat in a garage since 1948, and up until July of this year when the garage was lost
and now its outside
and it kills me seeing it get weathered on, a shame to see something like this go from protected to not!

SO< I hope someone takes it soon!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Beautiful old truck. There was a real truck named REO Speedwagon? For real. I had no idea. What company made them? What engine is in the truck? What is it's payload?

Sure sounds like a cream puff. I bet it sells FAST.

mrbb

the actual company's name was REO Speed Wagon,m which later on changed to
Diamond T
They made cars and trucks from from 1905 to 1975
SO yes they have been around a LONG time, just few know of them, in the mid 90's they mostly ONLY made bigger trucks, with many Army contracts and such
the payload on this truck I am GUESSING is about 2-2.5 tons
as gross weight of truck and cargo is only 15,000 lbs

The original owner back in 1948, was a farmer, and him and a neighbor were looking to switch from house and wagon to a TRUCK< and a REO dealership opened up 4 miles from them
and that is HOW They ended up buying them, as each one bought the same exact truck
and BOTH trucks lived on the same farm all there life, well, this one left the farm in July of this yr, due to again, the garage being lost, neighbors truck is still on there farm, BUT its in poor shape, as it was an outside truck and used till it was USED up! LOL

this one was my friends fathers truck, when his father passed away(he lived on farm with his father) he could never bring himself to use the truck, as to him it was his dad's truck, so it just sat in the garage
Back in 2013, he was thinking about selling it, SO I offered to help him sell it
HAD a guy come and want it too, he looked it all over, told me the motor was free and offered the owner $7500.00 for. and after thinking a few days on it, he couldn't bring himself to part with his dad's truck, so it sat in the garage
well he passed away, and his wife asked me to help her sell it, thus why I am posting it here
this truck never left the farm it lived on until July of this yr, lived in a garage its whole life, and is NOW for sale, as its NOT so sentimental to his wife, as it was to him LOL

here is a pic of what it looked like before it came out of the garage
as you can see, it had DUST on it
and to be honest I haven't washed it, it rained on it and that is how it got to look like it does in above pictures !

I did take a l;eave blower to the cab and blew out about 20 lbs of pine cones and walnuts(they had a black walnut tree next to garage and a BIG pine tree, so a squirrel was filling the cab I think ??
Nothing seems chewed on at all, just was using to store nuts in ! Haha

here are a few pic's of it in the garage, and you can see it was dusty, and used as a giant shelf for the past 47+ yrs

and again, I would love to see this truck fine another good home , or better yet be restored and up and running again,
I'd love to be able to show hiw wife it running and restored in a video!
SO , anyone that wants it, please talk me,
these are rather rare trucks and have to think twise as rare in this shape

Attachments

• reo truck 040.jpg
    reo truck 040.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 2,552
  • reo truck 045.jpg
    reo truck 045.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 2,561
  • reo truck 032.jpg
    reo truck 032.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 2,574
  • reo truck 010.jpg
    reo truck 010.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 2,582
  • reo truck 038.jpg
    reo truck 038.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 2,552
  • 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 2,594
  • 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 2,587

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Put it on Ebay with a much higher starting price. Somebody out there wants this and will pay a lot for it.

If you need it gone then Craigslist, and put up with a lot of fools before it sells. But whoever buys it will immediately put on Ebay and other enthusiast sites - at a much higher price.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I see one clue that might suggest more miles on it - the driver's seat is worn in a way that seems unlikely for so few miles.

Or possibly the farmer climbed in and out many times per day.

mrbb

the father was a BIG guy, over 350 lbs, SO< I think that explains the wear on that side LOL

and I am positive on the miles ebing original
as they never left the farm, they were home body type people
had a 1968 chevy truck with only 45k on it, and a LOT of old things that were almost never used!
the one tractor I got off them, was used its whole life on the farm, bought new in 1961 and there biggest tractor, and it only had 2800 hrs on it when I got it back in 2001 off them
it NOW has 3430 as I used it more per yr than they did
they were a dairy farm, and ONLY grew enough to feed there 45-50 cows
and that was it!
lived a very simple life!

mrbb

here are pic's of the seats OUT of truck, I removed them to blow out the cab!
I also think the squirrel opened the holes up bigger than they once were too!, as he had the under seat area PACKED tight and that was the only real way to get under it for it!
AS for EBAY
I have never sold anything on there, Don't even know how to!
I am NOT that BIG a computer type person, I can do forums and post pic's AT times, some sites I still cannot figure out how to LOL

I did today pl;ace an add in a antique truck magazine, so I am sure that will get me a lot more interest, as gather folks getting that mag are into these things more than the average guy!

Attachments

• new REO truck pic's 030.jpg
    new REO truck pic's 030.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 2,574
  • new REO truck pic's 031.jpg
    new REO truck pic's 031.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 2,539
  • new REO truck pic's 032.jpg
    new REO truck pic's 032.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 2,554
  • new REO truck pic's 035.jpg
    new REO truck pic's 035.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 2,556
  • new REO truck pic's 038.jpg
    new REO truck pic's 038.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 2,543
  • new REO truck pic's 008.jpg
    new REO truck pic's 008.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 2,561
  • new REO truck pic's 004.jpg
    new REO truck pic's 004.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 2,529
  • new REO truck pic's 056.jpg
    new REO truck pic's 056.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 2,568

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hemmings is where wealthy people look to buy classics.

Their REO page (link) offers two trucks at $14,000 and one restored, $21,000.

I suggest advertise it there. That's where whoever buys it from you, will advertise it.

mrbb

thanks, I might go that route if I don't sell it soon
have had a LOT of interest in it, , but so far all lookers. IF push comes to shove, I will end up sticking it in a friends building, JUST trying to to have to haul it and move it again and then, his place isn;t so close to me, so IF I have to show it, it makes life a little harder on me
shouldn't snow here till late nov, or I hope not !
so have some time yet to see if it sells

mrbb

Thanks for passing on my add. But I am not on face book, actually have NO idea about how it works even, Lol . .
but sent you an email with my contact info in case you get any replays to the add.,
so thanks for the help, appreciate it

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That's all we need, is the contact info. You don't have to be on facebook. No problem.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Doc, I'm not on Facebook. At your link I didn't get any farther than 'Sign in, or join'.

Guess I'm behind the times.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Maybe you have to be part of the wv antique group to see it. I've got a number of likes for the post so some are seeing it. 11,000 in the group and they all live in or close to wv so they are in the general neighborhood of the vehicle. It should be on my home page also .... nevermind ..I just checked it is not on my home page either. I'll see if I can share it, then others can see it too ...I only have a few friends though. LOL

Ok I shared it and it's on my timeline ...try this link ....and friend me if you want.
https://www.facebook.com/gperrine1

mrbb

Doc thanks again for your efforts to help me
Much appreciated for sure

if it sells thru your sharing I' ll see you get something too!

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Doc I'm not a member so I just see your home page at that link - river at sunset, and a list of others with your same name - but no clickable links, no antique vehicle group.

However 80% (?) of the US is on Facebook, and nearly all of anyone who can afford a collector's item like this, so for all practical purposes its advertised to the world.

Mrbb, good luck with this!

urednecku

I posted this for you in the WV Antique Cars and Trucks on facebook. This link should take you there:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/307712532614843/

If we get any bites I will need your phone number or email address to pass on to them.

The link took me to it, but had to scroll down a ways. So yea, it's there, along with a bunch of other vehicles that has enough metal in 'em to make 3 of today's vehicles.
Shore wish I was able to take it!

mrbb

if anyone is maybe more interested I will let it go for $5,000.00
just cause winter is coming and don't want to have to move/store it if it doesn't sell soon??
SO?