2017 X1100C Review

Mork

I Thought I would give a review of the X1100C I purchased three months ago. It had 40hrs and 400kms on it when I bought it home. So far the machine has performed flawlessly. Runs strong and is quite comfortable for what it is. Below are some of the pros and cons I have observed:

Pros:
a) Fairly quite. The enclosed cab is great for keeping noise down to a level
where you can converse with the passenger without too much difficulty.
b) Heat and air conditioning are a blessing. My wife loves it just for this
reason alone.
c) Power. This machine is a haul and pull beast. It easily moves my 2600lb
jet boat in and out of the lake even though the slipway and road is on a
15% grade.
d) Fuel consumption. Great on fuel and consumes roughly half what the Can
Am Commander I have uses.
E) Cargo Capacity. You can load the bed with much more than the rated
1100lb as stated and the hydrolic dump feature is a bonus.

Cons:
a) Rattly over rough ground. It sounds like there is something loose in the
front end but inspection does not find anything obvious.
b) Speed. You have to push it to get the 40kmph out of it and then only on
down graded roads. I don't believe these machines are safe to operate
above this speed given the hydrolic steering and the way the suspension
is set up. It wonders a bit at 35-40kmph.
c) Cab is not completely dust or water free. Dust gets in around the door
seals and water does leak in through the windshield mounts and washer
hose assembly. I have been able to seal these leaks up pretty much but
some water still pools on the bottom of the windshield.
d) Shifting is difficult at times. This is probably my biggest complaint. At
times you really have to battle the shift lever to get it out of gear.

Overall I currently have 100hrs and 1300kms on it and am quite happy with it. The real test will be the winter when I plow with it, which is what I originally bough it for.

Cheers.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
d) Shifting is difficult at times. This is probably my biggest complaint. At times you really have to battle the shift lever to get it out of gear.

When new, most have this issue. They loosen up over time. By 100 hours, the issue should be pretty much gone.
Don't jam on the shifter. I just apply the emergency brake, wait a few seconds for the pressure to relieve itself then it should shift OK. Some years/models had a pressure relief system via a knob on the dash or (I think) on the brake pedal. Not sure about your model & year.

Westfield

Is is that a typo? 35 45 miles an hour. I never heard of that speed ever being achieved with a X 1100 C

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i had mine up to a little over 50 mph a time or two.

it was on a trailer.

Last edited:

Frankenkubota

I have a 2015 1140, similar? I found by just putting on the brake the shifting is no problem.

Also learned getting out of 4 wheel drive, on both tractor and rtv, require me to steer all the way in 1 direction, then maybe all the way the other direction. So far, works every time.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I have a 2015 1140, similar? I found by just putting on the brake the shifting is no problem.

Also learned getting out of 4 wheel drive, on both tractor and rtv, require me to steer all the way in 1 direction, then maybe all the way the other direction. So far, works every time.

putting on the brake also presses the relief and depressurizes the transmission. often a cause of the 4wd symptom you mentioned is the front and rear tires are slightly different in size or are of different type. this will cause accelerated wear.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I have a 2016 X1120D. If the engine is off and it is stuck in gear, I press hard on the brake pedal and it usually moves into the gear I want. If running, a very light touch on the accelerator...I mean very light...so light that it moves the linkage but doesn't change the engine RPMs. That works every time for me. It does get better over time but mine still gets sticky sometimes. Enjoy it - it really is a tank. I am convinced if these things existed in WWII, Gen. Patton would have had an RTV instead of a staff car. Just sayin.