Kubota RTV 1100 Seat Cover & Radio, coast valve

c0ke

I just purchased a used rtv 1100 with 180 hours on it. I am super excited. I already have an RTV 900.

I just wanted to know if it is worth it buying the seat covers for the Rtv 1100? Or are they not worth it? Anyone know a good place to get them from that will ship to Canada?

As for the radio, I have read on the forums about the radio and you can get a 9 pin connector that can plug in the existing kubota plug so that i would be able to plug any radio in it. Does anyone know where I can get that plug? Any directions on the radio installation (with pictures??)?

I have also been looking at that coast valve. I have along with other people have seen it on ebay, but I have been reading the forums here and you can adjust the current valve. Any directions with pictures for adjusting the current valve?

Thanks,

randu2

Her is the site to get the connector and also the wiring for it. This was from a posting on compact tractors forum I believe, I can't remember the contributor but this was very helpful.
Randy

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/CON-90/search/9_PIN_CONNECTOR_.html

To keep from cutting the OEM connector wires off , this is your answer, done some research, and this is what I came up with >>>>>> Think it's less than $3.00

Also, found on this forum a color code :

Black---------------------------Ground
Red with white stripe------Always hot
Green with white stripe---Hot in accessory position
Yellow-------------------------Left speaker
Yellow with red stripe-----Left speaker
Blue----------------------------Right speaker
Blue with white stripe-----Right speaker

The RTV 1100 wire harness is wired for the radio,

c0ke

I went to that web site and I just get a NOT FOUND page. Is there another place to order that connector? Or is there a model # or something I can search for?

Thanks for all the replies.

c0ke

Great. Thanks. I purchased that. Thanks for all the help. Cant wait to get it and getting a radio...

c0ke

Do you know what the wiring is for a standard radio? I mean if i splice the wires from the 9 pin connector, what wire does the red/green/etc go to on a standard radio?

Or are they all different?

randu2

c0ke,
The wiring diagram should be on the radio that you are trying to install. Just convert the radio's output color code to the new plugs color code. That is , if your radio requires a constant 12 vt hot source and the color is purple then you splice it with the plugs red with white stripe and so on.
Randy

c0ke

I ordered the wiring harness and I have that metal piece that comes with the kubota, but how do I attach the radio? Do I need another piece that the radio plugs in to that I can secure the radio? Know where I can get it? Thanks

randu2

c0ke,
The mounting bracket is on the radio. It's the wrap around piece that is around the radio. The plate that came with the Kubota is the backplate that goes behind the dash and you bend the mounting bracket up against the mounting plate. Take the mounting bracket off the radio and put it in the radio hole and then put the mounting plate on from the back and bend the mounting bracket up around the mounting plate securing the radio mounting bracket in the hole and then you can slide in the radio into the mounting bracket.
Randy

randu2

c0ke,
Any radio with a single DIN bracket which is the standard. Double din is for the larger radios and is too big for the Kubota. So most radio's are the single din size.
Randy

solitude

I bought the panasonic radio that came with 1100 didn't last a year,plus it costs almost 400 bucks.So went to radio shack
and got one,guy lookes up installations and gives me instructuons at the store only took a minute.I went back and put radio in.Had to change some wiresbut wasn't much to it.
Radio was $100. I bought the coast valve on E bay for
both of the rtvs I've had and had no ploblems over 3 years!

c0ke

which wires for the left and right speaker is positive and which ones are negative?

Kanook

which wires for the left and right speaker is positive and which ones are negative?

As long as you hook up the solid blue and solid yellow to the same connector on each speaker, it makes no difference. If you get them crossed the only thing that will happen is the 2 speakers will be out of phase..eg one pushing while the other is pulling, which will diminish the stereo effect.

Dargo

When I bought mine, it was one of the early RTV1100's out. Absolutely nobody made a plug that would adapt to the plug wired into the Kubota RTV1100 wiring harness. After about a month of looking everywhere on the internet and calling every electronics specialty place I could find, I just cut the damn Kubota plug off and threw it away. There was no way in hell I was going to pay them $600 (or whatever it was) for a simple AM/FM radio.

The only easy thing was that all of the wires were marked as to where they went. I clearly had the right, left, positive, negative, power wire, ground wire and constant power wire marked on the wires in the harness. I've never checked again to see if anyone ever came up with an adapter plug for a Kubota RTV wiring harness plug.