Every day ...I check...

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Every day I check these forums hoping to pick up some solution to some previously-unknown problem with my X900... but...once-agin... disappointment.... No new posts informing me of someone’s difficulty with their RTV whose knowledge and/or discovery I might some-day find useful for my own if/when it ever displays similar symptoms.

“Dang!”, I think.

Then...it hits me. This is GOOD NEWS!

Doh!

(Really enjoy using my little RTV-X900 around the ranch. Just passed 1000 miles on this 2014 model.). :dancing:

Coming up on the 400 hr service, when I’ll change all the filters and fluids.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
yeah the darn things are just uncommonly dependable. and besides most of the "broke down" threads are just result of neglect. usually

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Yea, if I didn't have my 4,000 hr rule , I would still have my 2011 900. I actually went over the rule a couple of hundred hours on each of them. With good maintenance they just keep going and going. I would advise checking under the attached rubber floor mat though- could get really scary there since it holds moisture and then some. collie

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
the first rtv i ever saw was when a seismic crew moved into my area for a study. they had at least a hundred of the old 900 model and a full service crew to keep them running. the ones i got close to had over 10,000 hours on them and they were still going strong. when they left my area the company loaded them all up on big trucks and shipped them to alaska to do another study.