L39 TLB

davidbassler

My L39 is awesome, but needs more protection, such as frame hydraulics, brush guard and side step mods.
What add-ons to make our L39's has been done to enhance the machines protection?

M

mtntopper

http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470

The hydraulics on my L39 seem to be fairly well protected by the frame side rails. The filters have a light duty plate for protection but do not extend below the frame rails of the tractor. The front end is a weak area and can be a costly repair if damaged. I use a brush grapple often and the front end of my tractor got some extra metal after the incident in the thread above happened.

PB170001 (Medium).JPG

PB170004 (Medium).JPG

davidbassler

http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470

The hydraulics on my L39 seem to be fairly well protected by the frame side rails. The filters have a light duty plate for protection but do not extend below the frame rails of the tractor. The front end is a weak area and can be a costly repair if damaged. I use a brush grapple often and the front end of my tractor got some extra metal after the incident in the thread above happened.

View attachment 2202

View attachment 2203
That's is a awesome brush guard that I am going to modify similar in nature.
I have some 1/2" plate steel that I what to incorperate to the lower part of the guard as well.
I will post pics when complete on both forums. mtntopper You have inspired me by your mods; thank you. Our L39's are badass!!

Dave

M

mtntopper

Note the new reinforced bracket underneath the side opposite the exhaust is a necessity in the bottom pic. That is the location that I kicked something up into the radiator shroud and fan and caused my problems. Modify just like the exhaust bracket protector on the other side and it should work well.

davidbassler

Note the new reinforced bracket underneath the side opposite the exhaust is a necessity in the bottom pic. That is the location that I kicked something up into the radiator shroud and fan and caused my problems. Modify just like the exhaust bracket protector on the other side and it should work well.
I see it now. Good to know. Thank you.

Dave

davidbassler

I took Mtntoppers lead to modify my L39 to protect vunerable areas. I cut the steps in half and put expanded metal the guard with 3/8" steel plates underneath the guard. Sorry for bad pic's though.
8-11-08004Medium.jpg
8-11-08005Medium.jpg
8-11-08002Medium.jpg

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice work Dave. Sure looks like that will protect you just fine.

M

mtntopper

Should work just fine for protection. Have you had problems with the step? So far it has not been a problem area for me. I have a job where I need to doze big piles of slash for the county and BLM this fall. That is where I discovered I needed added protection last year. I went negative on that job with the damage done to the tractor radiator shroud and fan area.:pat:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
GREAT pics Dave. Man that tree stump makes your tractor look little. :eek:

Good work. Sure looks like fun. :thumb: :D

davidbassler

I guess when I play with big things I will need to be more careful.
What would you do to bend this bucket back? I know that I will reinforce the sides when I get this straight.

Attachments

• 10-8--08 009 (Medium).jpg
    10-8--08 009 (Medium).jpg
    87 KB · Views: 47
  • 10-8--08 006 (Medium).jpg
    10-8--08 006 (Medium).jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 10-8--08 004 (Medium).jpg
    10-8--08 004 (Medium).jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 10-8--08 003 (Medium).jpg
    10-8--08 003 (Medium).jpg
    149 KB · Views: 48

Art454

Looks like more of a job for a bulldozer to me....then clean up with tractor.
My next door neighbor had a wooden fence line bulldozed....then after a year had his 806 out there moving it around trying to burn it up.....he had his hands full with that big old 807 even.
I used my bx23 on a tree and a root catch the hose.....bent the pipe attached to the hose......bent it back....looks good but bought a new one just in case the other starts to leak.
Sometimes you just have to use what you got and be carefull.
I know one thing they don't build em like they use to.
Way to much plastic.

Art

Art454

Them buckets are hard to fix once there bent like that....its some kind of hard steal....on my bx23 tlb added some extra length bars to the bottom and its was tough steel to drill threw.
I think heating it to fix it would take the temp out of it.....try bending in back in shape with a sludge hammer....I bent my backhoe bucket and used a hyd. press since it is only 12 inches wide....covered it up with a heavy canfest tarp just incase it exploded....was not bent bad and it fixed it.
One guy at work tried to fix a bent harden plate and it exploded....man pieces all over the shop....lucky nobody got hurt.....Like a bomb going off.
Just be carefull if you try so you do not get hurt.

Art