2013 RTV 900 Winch mounting kit.

BaiJiu

I would like to know if anyone has mounted a warn winch on a 2013 RTV 900, I ordered a Warn Advantage 4000 from Amazon, decent price $406 but they don't carry the mounting kit. I checked the Warn site and it seems the 2013 requires a different kit part number 91480 than the 2012's and earlier. The bolt pattern for the winch is 3" X 6.59" and don't come close to matching the kubota bumper.

BaiJiu

Correction

I was wrong in the first post, the kit required fits the 2012 and 2013, the older kit was for 05 to 11 models.

tucker2930

I mounted a warn winch on my 2013 RTV 900. I purchased the mounting kit from Kubota and bought the winch online.

Attachments

• ,CUJH,J,.jpg
    ,CUJH,J,.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 161

BaiJiu

Called Kubota this morning, kit is on the way. $80 not too bad. Thanks again Tucker2930.

ftownphil

I hate to sound stupid, but did you call Kubota directly or a dealer? I have not been able to find a way to order directly from Kubota here in Missouri. Always have to go through the dealer who has very high prices!

BaiJiu

Thanks ftownphil, I have one coming from Kubota. I must have had a brain cramp, I should have thought of them from the start.

BaiJiu

My Kubotya salesman just called me, I thought the winch kit was a Warn kit but he says the kit is actually a Kubota kit and comes in a Kubota box, but is designed for a Warn winch. Is this what everyone else has experienced?

CarrotRentals

Here is a photo of the winch kit that i got for my 1120D It appears the from the kubota build site that the winches for the new machines are no longer Warn winches but are Kubota authorized winches made off shore. I imagine this winch set up is designed for the new RTV models. You may need to specify that you are looking for the Warn winch attachment plates when working with the dealer.

Attachments

• image-1616873132.jpg
    image-1616873132.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 139

BaiJiu

Thanks CarrotRentals, I picked up the mounting kit from Kubota today, it fits the 900 just fine, the test will be when the winch arrives. The instructions in the kit show a Warn winch so hopefully it will fit. I went into their shop and talked to guy who installs their winches and he says it will fit. Fingers crossed.

BaiJiu

I should have mentioned that the kit I purchased from Kubota came with 4 steel plates, two of which I don't require, one is to be used if you don't have a bumper, the other is used on RTV's that don't have a hydraulic dump. Of the two pieces I need one is used to mount the roller fairlead on the bush guard and the other is installed under the dash just to the left of the brake pedal to mount the toggle switch and remote control units.

glennm

Where did you guys mount the controls? I have a rocker switch and a socket for the remote and I would like it to look nice and clean

BaiJiu

The bracket mounts just below the dash driver side beside the brake pedal. There are two round head bolts you remove and mount the bracket there with hardware included, my bracket already has the locations drilled for both the remote and the switch. Hope this helps.

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
That Kubota winch sure looks like a Warn winch in Kubota colors. Identical to mine that I bought from Warn.

Anyway, I didn't mount the rocker switch as this made it too easy for little fingers to play with the switch and bind up my cable or worse. Mine was wired to run without the key just in case I had problems and didn't have the key handy.

Instead I put the remote plug in and use the remote wire for all winch operations, which stored under the seat.

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
Gee I must be blind!!!

It's says right on the box SuperWinch!!!

Go to their site and they probably have manuals with the dimensions listed or will tell you.

BaiJiu

Tucker what winch did you mount? I had to cancel my order for the Warn 4000, it just won't fit inside the RTV 900. Just too long.

BaiJiu

Something else I should have mentioned the bolt hole pattern on Warn winches change after the 3500 to 6.66" X 3" from the normal pattern of the lighter models.