RTV & the NWTF

milkman

Sounds like a fun time and many memories will be made, for them and you. We have something similar here in Ky. http://www.christoutreach.com/ I've not been there, but watch the video. I learned about it from a friend that volunteered there for a week to help set it up and have another friend that has some handicap wanting to go. We'll be looking for some pics from your hunt.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Just made it back in ......
NO KILLS ...... >>>>>>>>> BUT

They are having a blast !!!

....... And to see them will take your heart !!! They appreciate EVERYTHING you do. And to let all know, all is going fine.
It started raining right at dark. Weather is warm. in the low 60's, which is ok.
Woods are soggy and muddy, but hey, We got the Kubota !!!!
Got another hunt in the morning. Got to be there before 5:00 am and rolling them out into the woods. And another hunt Saturday afternoon also.
It's work, but would have not miss this for anything.

And yes, there is going to be lots of food. Heck, this is Louisiana !!!
Tonight we were feed GREAT !!!
In the morning, having things brought in before daylight, so everyone is feed before the morning hunt. And then again at lunch, and then another big supper.
Our Sheriff is God Sent !!! He is the one footing the bill on all this catering ....
We are blessed to have a Sheriff as we do in the one here.

It's still raining like crazy out there. Let it rain. Swamps are aready full of water.
But we blasting in and out of them swamps like crazy. Think they like this mudding
stuff. They just sit back there holding on and smiling like it is nothing like it !!!!!
Sunshine is suppose to be in the morning.
I will see ya'll tomorrow !!!!!

GOD BLESS !!!!

.......... jamie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That is awesome Two Guns. :tiphat: It started raining about 2 hrs ago here, now it is thundering. I hear it should be moving out early in the am. Good Luck and God Bless you! collie

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Ahhhh man oh man oh man........Such a blessed good time. Isn't life and God so very good.........Tell ya what Bud, life doesnt get much better than doing exactly what you are doing right now........Sorry for the rich folks up in NYC that get to run their dogs in one big park.......lol.....Anyway.....PROUD for YOU Jamie.......God bless......Dennis

BaiJiu

Thanks for the update Two Guns, sure sounds like everyone is having a good time; hopefully they will get a few kills over the next couple of hunts, I think that it isn't so much the kill but the opportunity that is most important to them.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I feel like the luckest person in the world.
God has blessed me with the opportunity to spend time and hunt with some of the best folks on planet earth.
Got the hunters out really good before daylight.
Rained most of the night, but stopped close to 3:00am. The the fog set in. Thick as smoke. At first light, your target would have to be within 20 feet or you would never see it. Fog finally lifted about a 1 1/2 hour after daylight.
Takes much time to get each hunters out of the big trailer, into the smaller trailer behind the Kubota, and to the stand, and set up. And then, back to get another hunter, and then another. Then return to a main area and just sit and listen for shots. We had some great hunters here. Some let some deer walk, it was up to them. They could kill doe, buck or both. ALL HOGS GET SHOT !!!! >>>>> Morning Hunt..........Started Gathering Hunters for lunch. NO KILL ....
Returned from lunch, ( Which was catered :clap:)
Then started over again. Day turned out to be clear skies and comfortable.
Got all hunters out. Returned and started listening. ..................
........................................... Hear some shots , ......... then again..... And
little later, another shot fired.
Waited until after dark and started getting hunters.
All clean kills !!! One doe .... One Buck .... One wild sow hog .... One little pig >>>>>
NO MISSES ..........

You should have seen the looks on these faces. All smiles. There faces told everything..... There was some memories made this weekend. And hope and pray that God gives me the chance to do this again in the future.
I was so proud of everyone out there. The Hunters, the helpers, and everyone who supported this event. IT WAS A SUCCESS !!!!!

I want to thank all for the kind words and prayers that was sent our way.

God Bless All !!!!!
......... jamie

Post Script:
Let me get the pictures transfered and will post some ....

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
His Kill ........
220 yard plus shot. Dropped him dead in his tracks !!!!
Moved his deer to wheeler to head to skinning shed ....
All Kills where cleaned and processed for these folks !!!!!

Do you think he's happy ?

......... two guns

Attachments

• HUnt 70.JPG
    HUnt 70.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 45
  • HUnt 71.JPG
    HUnt 71.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 46

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Nice Wild Hog
& little pig

Attachments

• Hunt 55.JPG
    Hunt 55.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Hunt 560.JPG
    Hunt 560.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 45
  • HUnt 52.jpg
    HUnt 52.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 45

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Let me try to explain how we transfered and set up the "Wheeled Hunters".

This was a special hunt. All hunters where handicapped. We had two that was very handicapped but not in wheelchairs. They were several women also.
All hunters had a partner, which DID NOT carry a weapon. That partner stayed with the hunter during the hunt .
.... Rules was all hogs was to be shot. Hunter could take deer, a doe, or buck or both if they wanted to. If a hunter chose not to shot, that was fine. If a hunter chose to shot a bunch of times . That was up to the hunter. This was THEIR HUNT !!!!
There was special stands built just for these hunters, that was set out many months in advance in the dry summer months. These stands was very, very far away from the main gravel roads. There is no easy access to these stands once winter sets in.
Stands where set out in the swamps, in the woods, out on the edge of swampy fields, some by old lake beds.
That is where the Utility Vehicles comes into play. I was not the only one today, there was another.
To move these hunters. All were loaded into a big trailer that was covered with a tarp. ( To help Keep wind, wetnesss / and or rain / fog off of the hunters.) The big trailer had a ramp built onto it. That big tandem trailer was pulled down a gravel road with a truck. When a truck got to a certain area, they would stop, unload wheeled hunter into the trailer behind the utulity vehicle. And then the journey begins. Have two in the cab. Two helpers in back of the bed. Three more helpers and the wheeled hunter and his or her hunting partner in the trailer. Fight water and mud to stand. Unload and return for another hunter, and bring them further down into another area ......
The help was fantastic. Young and older people, men and women. These people give their all to help.
We had a blast of time.

.......... two guns

Post Script:
And let me say this with respect. We had two hunters, that was seriously handicapped from hunting accidents. Both accidently shot during deer hunting by a friend.
( Seeing them struggle, brought tears falling down my face. Watching them as they went at what they love most, deer hunting. And I thank God, for letting these hunts happen for them ) They NEVER gave up !!!!

Last edited:

BaiJiu

Great story Two Guns, I am really happy the hunt was successful. This is the sort of thing I would like to see the media reporting more often than the negative things they seem to follow like a dog on a bone.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Two Guns, this is absolutely wonderful. !!! I know that you made a shining spot in their week and I bet they are anticipating the next time. What a life changing experience. God Bless you! collie

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
We really need to come up with an award here for Christian service, humanity blessed, and true example of what a Gentleman is.....God blesses YOU my friend.....Dennis

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
This will take your heart ........
He is headed to the ramp on the small trailer, right out of the picture ....

Attachments

• hunt 101.jpg
    hunt 101.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 31

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Some of 'em ....

Attachments

• hunt 81.jpg
    hunt 81.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 38
  • hunt 82.jpg