Goat Cam

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Why does this guy keep talking about surveillance cameras, this is an RTV forum......???????????????????

Attached is a pic of one of the survellance cams down at the barn. That was the real purpose in getting them.......TO PUT FEWER HOURS ON THE RTV going down to the barn and back.....Ahhhhhhhhh so it relates after all.......

Now, an example of why look at the goats........When delivering or with a sick one: Last week we lost a very PRIME momma goat. She was 6 and had delivered MANY MANY babies with 2 of them going on and winning lots of awards and shows. One of them was national champ and champ at the G.A. national fair.....Yes, her babies more that paid for her keep, feed, and vet.........BUT.......her name was Sugar and she was just that.....sweet, easy to love, great momma, always had 2 or more, great health, and the herd Queen. Yes, Susan, my wife's, favorite.
She came down with pneunomia, which is common, and yes they are innoculated; but it's just one of those goat things that they get anyway. Typically they cure right up with the correct treatment. She didn't respond to anything and then it went into polio, then listeriosis.Susan fought for days and nights...........PUT DOWN TIME..........

Those fighting times watching the goats for improvement or getting worse, can now be done from up here at the house. Instead of going back and forth through the day and night or spending the night out there, Susan merely has to check out the cam........Yes, it does save LOTS of wear and tear on the RTV and really, that is the reason that I got them for her.............Yes, for perimeter security; but taking care of them is just as important.............

So.....anyway, just thought you might like to know the WHY of the camera stuff and how it relates to the RTV world......Yes, a sad day or two around here; but it really is just part of raising those goats........... critters that are just looking for a place to die......God bless............Dennis

Ohhhhhhhh.........That's Sarah our new Anatolian LGD there on the bottom right..........She is the happiest dog I have ever had.....Her sub job for the moment is keeping the goat's ears clean...........coming birthing time she will learn how to take care of the mommas and kids like the other momma dogs do............

Attachments

• 215433.jpg
    215433.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 78

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Dennis,
So sorry to hear about Sugar. I know you, and the whole place will miss her.
As you know, We are not promised forever.

Also, knowing the real reason you got the cam, ...............
........ for the love of your little friends. And that is good !!!! I respect you for that !!!!

We also, get close to our little friends. And don't mind spending on them for they are like our children. Worry with them. Care for them. Feed them and guard them with our lives. For WE love these wonderful things that God give us.
Thanks much for your post. You can write and talk ANYTIME on my pages,
about anything you wish. Don't have to be RTV. For we are who and what we are, and that is family here. My eyes will always be looking for your post Dennis ......

Again, sorry for your loss .....

............... jamie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Dennis,
So sorry to hear about Sugar. I know you, and the whole place will miss her.
As you know, We are not promised forever.

Also, knowing the real reason you got the cam, ...............
........ for the love of your little friends. And that is good !!!! I respect you for that !!!!

We also, get close to our little friends. And don't mind spending on them for they are like our children. Worry with them. Care for them. Feed them and guard them with our lives. For WE love these wonderful things that God give us.
Thanks much for your post. You can write and talk ANYTIME on my pages,
about anything you wish. Don't have to be RTV. For we are who and what we are, and that is family here. My eyes will always be looking for your post Dennis ......

Again, sorry for your loss .....

............... jamie

Dennis, I agree with Two Guns 100%. You and Susan are my friends and always welcome on anything of mine. My friends are always welcome at my table too. I value your comments and beliefs.
I am so very sorry for your loss. God Bless ya'll. collie