TSC Wood Splitter

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Have had our splitter, 35HP going on 7 years now without a lick of problems. Was down at Tractor Supply the other day and was talkin to my favorite real farm guy helper there. He advised me that Speeco, the company that makes their splitters had come out with a 4 way cutter head for it. Actually a light duty one and a heavy duty one. It came in the other day so got it put on today and thought I would share a pic of perhaps 30 minutes worth of work.

Yes, I cut down a lot of trees like the one I am working on. In fact have several more oak and hickory to go through that the tornados over the last couple of years and some kind of Red Oak disease that is killing them off...........I truly hate to see these old mother trees die off; but we put them to good use. Yes, we have 2 heat pumps but haven't turned them on in more that 11 years since we started burning wood in the stove.............

Anyway, that new cutter head sure makes it a lot easier.........God bless........Dennis

Attachments

• IMG_2307.jpg
    IMG_2307.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_2309.jpg
    IMG_2309.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 139

ccmdvl1960

I have one of the TSC/SpeeCo splitters as well. It has been great. This attachment looks like it would make it even better. We do most of our splitting in the vertical position (the bigger logs, anyways) - I wonder how well it would work?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have a SpeeCo. Wish I knew at the time that they make the TSC version. Would have saved myself several hundred dollars.

Oh, and it works flawlessly.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The bucket of the tractor is used to lift and hold up the rounds and put on the accessory "shelf" that they make. I have used the vertical a lot and dont see why it would'nt speed up the whole process as it does in the horizontal by at least 1/2 the time.
I usually work alone in the woods except when I am dropping the tree itself. The tractor sure does help the old well worn back from hefting those bigger rounds and moving them around..........God bless........Dennis

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Still using the one I bought used in 1983. Put electronic ignition in it 7 years ago and a second pull rope this past year. Starts right up and does the job. I get the Amish boys to cut and split and I just run the skid steer since my health got bad.

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Dennis, you post caused me to remember the log splitter that My wonderful dad (God rest his soul) built several years ago. He was one of those guys that was always building innovative contraptions to make work easier. Anyway, his log splitter was was a 3-point version powered by the tractor hydraulics. He even built the cylinder! After yours truly left the farm to grow up, he added an electric winch and a swiveling jin-pole (spelling?) and a set of log tongs on the end of the winch cable. He could then reach out some 100 ft and grab a block of wood, drag it to and up on the splitter by pressing a button of the corded remote control. That splitter still remains in his old shop and I'm sure it would work wonderfully today some 20 years of setting idle.

Thanks for prompting the memories!

BaiJiu

I have a speeco 28 ton splitter as well bought it about 4 years ago, I found the four way attachment and bought it two years ago. I love the 4 way for large junks and the 2 way for smaller stuff. I set up much the same as Dennis does using my L-4400 for handling all the larger stuff. The 4 way slips on and off in about 30 seconds.