Ran My Little Tractor Dry

:eek:
Hello Everyone,
My name is Jim and I am obviously new to this site so have mercy. I have a little Kubota B7100fwd. I was using it about a week ago to remove snow from my steep driveway and ran it out of fuel. Now it won't start and I am told I need to re-prime it. Don't know how, can anyone help?
Thanks and Happy New Year

Jim

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
:eek:
Hello Everyone,
My name is Jim and I am obviously new to this site so have mercy. I have a little Kubota B7100fwd. I was using it about a week ago to remove snow from my steep driveway and ran it out of fuel. Now it won't start and I am told I need to re-prime it. Don't know how, can anyone help?
Thanks and Happy New Year

Jim

Jim, welcome to NTT, glad to have you here.
Some tractors need the fuel system bled when run dry. I'm not too familiar with yours so I don't know. Some tractors have bleed screws at the fuel filter and at the inlet side of the pump. Some you have to bleed tham all the way to the injectors.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I did find an owners manual online that describes the fuel system bleeding process for a B7100D. It's on page 23.
Click Here

Wow You guys are great!!! Thanks for the help. Now I will proceed to bleed and restore that little sucker to action. Thank you so much. If I can help let me know.
Happy New Year!
Jim

urednecku

James, welcome to NTT. Hope ya don't leave now that you have your first problem solved! Stay around, post some pictures, & have fun!

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Aboard! :tiphat:

Glad you found us.

Post some pictures when you have a chance, we LOVE pictures.

Jim

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
:pat: :yum: :yum: :yum:

Sorry, but it's funny when it happens to somebody else.

Forgive my sense of humor. Welcome to the forum. Stick around and enjoy.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yep, running dry is something you only do once. :hide: No fun at all getting a diesel going again as opposed to gas.
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk Jim. I'm glad you found us. :thumb:
Jerry good job digging up the info Jim needed. Rep points for you. Good job!!!

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Yep, running dry is something you only do once. :hide: No fun at all getting a diesel going again as opposed to gas.

If only that were true!!!! I actually did it 3 times.

I had a new fuel tank and sender unit installed on the B2400 and it ran out of fuel with 1/8 of a tank showing on the gauge. The very next week I did the exact same thing. The third time it didn't actually run out but was starved of fuel and stalled when I was going uphill at an angle with only a dribble of fuel in the tank. I know, I know. I'm a slow learner but now I fill her up when the gauge hits 1/4. I didn't think that there would be that much difference between sender units. You'd think that they'd calibrate the things so that they would all read the same.

So, JR Pierce, don't feel bad. If it ever happens again just remember, you've still got a ways to go to overtake me on the "dumb list".

Thanks guys. That makes me feel a bit better. Of course I still got that look from my wife. The, "are you guys supposed to know this stuff" look. I hate that look!

Thanks again. I will take a picture of my little orange tractor and send it when I get it running....today.

Jim

Mith

Welcome to the site Jim.
You are in good company in running your tractor out of diesel. I ran a digger out of fuel about 10 mins into a 1 day hire, that ended up being a very expensive episode!

Looking forward to the pictures of your tractor, the B7100 is a wicked little machine, I dont think you are the only owner of one here either.

Thank you and it is now running like a little orange top! I just got off of it after about four hours clearing snow from the driveway. About the same amount of time tomorrow and I might just be able to get one of my trucks out so I can go make some money! Would be a nice way to start the new year. All you guys were great thanks again. I will take some pictures tomorrow after I charge the camera batteries. I am in Washington state and we just got a thirty year snow storm.

We just bought this place in October so it has been interesting.

Thanks for the support fellas.

Jim

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Thank you and it is now running like a little orange top! I just got off of it after about four hours clearing snow from the driveway. About the same amount of time tomorrow and I might just be able to get one of my trucks out so I can go make some money! Would be a nice way to start the new year. All you guys were great thanks again. I will take some pictures tomorrow after I charge the camera batteries. I am in Washington state and we just got a thirty year snow storm.

We just bought this place in October so it has been interesting.

Thanks for the support fellas.

Jim
That's what we're here for. This is a great place to hang out :tiphat:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good pics Jim. Nice tractor you got there!!! You even have a front end loader! Kewl. Once you have one you never want to be without it. :thumb:
I don't see a back blade on there ....do you use the FEL by iteself for snow removal?

Thanks guys,
No I don't have a back blade yet. Only had the tractor about four months. I do have a three blade brush mower that one of my customers gave me. It has been sitting for a year or so and I will need to tune it up before using but I am looking forward to that.

Yes I love having a fil! We have eight horses so there is plenty of.....dirt.....to move!

The manual was a godsend! Thanks again and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

urednecku

Glad ya got it up & running again!

As an after thought, another reason to keep the fuel tank full, the fuller you keep it, the less chance of water condensation in the tank. Probably not as big a deal on smaller, (2-3 gallon) tanks, but on the bigger ones, it can make a difference. I try to keep the tanks on my MF165 and Kubota M7040 full, and store extra fuel in 5-gal cans., instead of getting a bigger storage tank.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I removed snow with my FEL for one year, then I think it was Big Dog who pointed out if you get a rear blade and turn it backwards, angled just a little it wil make snow removla mucho quicker. This only works if you have 10"s or less. Once it gets ahead of you there is no easy way to remove it.