Toothbars ?

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
I,m looking to add a removable tooth bar to My tractor loader bucket , I have searched about the topic & it seems there are several out there available , But They have to be shipped in.

Is there any place anyone can buy the locally ? I,ve Seen several online but would much rather buy one locally if I could & not mess with shipping .

I need it for My Iseki tractor & Koyker loader , Dealers around here Aren,t to Helpfull unless its for a name brand tractor . Thanks for any Ideas or Input . Bob

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I don't think that would be a stock item at a dealer. Ask around and see of there is a manufacturer in the area.

I plan to buy one from Markham Welding in NC. I have a place in southern Virginia and I will drive to their place from there.

Shipping wouldn't be a big deal though. pretty hard to mess up unless they run over it and you might save some money over a local purchase.

Jim

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Just wanted to say that I have no affiliation with Markham, just a satisfied customer.

I put their link in my sig line when Melissa got ran off that other tractor forum. :tiphat:

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Jim , Ive looked at the Markham tooth bars & They look well built & not a bad price . I,d just like more teeth & not quite as agressive if that makes sense .

My only concern on the shipping Isn,t cost , But from what I understand its trucked in , I get Deliverys from UPS quite a bit . But I dont want a semi truck & trailer coming down Our fairlly long driveway with no place to turn around , Plus Depending on the weather it may not be easy to get in & out for a large truck & Trailer .

I dont drive anymore , But thought if the Wife could just go pick one up somewhere close It would be Much easier . I could build one Myself But I aint even sure of where to get the materials . Bob

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I wouldn't want to take a chance on them being able to back out either! :pat:

Lot of things can happen, most not good!

Is there anyone in town who could take delivery for you? At my place down south there isn't anyone there during the week. I have a friend who owns a business in town with a large equipment yard. I've had stuff delivered there before. He just has the driver drop whatever it is at the back of the yard and I come by Saturday morning to get it.

If you want to roll your own you should be able to buy the bar stock and strap material locally and purchase the teeth from someone. They can box the teeth so they can go UPS or Post Office.

Jim

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Not Really Jim . I perty much keep to myself & dont like asking for favors No matter how simple they are . I cant even get one of My few friends to Make one Or just pick up the materials so I Can & He,s bitching because He,s out of work .

Aint like I,m trying to be cheap , I,ve seen them for 250 to 300 bucks , I told Him I,d give him 400 cash or more if needed as long as its what I want & He,d deliver it . But then again He,s 3 miles away . Yes I,m being sarcastic. I guess times aren,t as bad as Everyone thinks they are . My own fault I recon I,m not much of a people person . Bob

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I just got mine this summer. I LOVE it. Such a difference. I got mine from Markham welding. I thought I would have preferred more teeth but using the wheels to turn with the teeth you can cover a large area and you have manuvering room. The number of teeth they put on is optimum for getting dirt tore up / lossened better.
I found my tooth bar in my garage one day. I did not see the delivery truck but I'm pretty sure it was UPS. I'm sure Mellisa at Markum could tell you how they'd ship it. She's a sweetie. :tiphat:

To figure out what size you need measure the inside diameter of your bucket 6 inches back from the lip. They are a breeze to install. :thumb: You'll wonder how yu got by without one. :eek: :thumb: :D

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Ok Thanks Doc . If I thought I could get it Ups , I,d allready have it. I,ll Give them a call , Ive heard nothing but good about them . Just wasn,t sure how they shipped , Most I heard was truck freight .

I allready know I should have had one years ago , But Now I really need one . Thanks again . I,ll keep You updated & Hopefully send some action pics. Bob

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I've heard from others in the past that got theirs shipped by UPS from Markham.

Mine was ordered by one our members, BTI, Brownies Tractors and Implements. I picked it up at his place. Mine is a WR Long. Very well built. I wouldn't want to do without it.

Erik

Bob,
have you tried calling TSC or Atwoods to see if they can order one in?
(I know most of the folks at Atwoods are idiots, but sometimes they get it right...)

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
No I haven,t Eric . I might give that a try though . I just assumed if They didn,t have them in stock & Most seem to be custom built it would be a lost cause , or worse I,d end up with something I couldn,t use . But I,ll give it a shot. Thanks . Bob

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
they don't have them on hand, but will special order.

Well Scratch Atwoods , Eric . Evidentlly MCcdonalds have layed off recentlly & Atwoods Hired all there Help .

Whats a tooth bar ? , We dont carry Tractors ! The Buckets are in the back but I dont think they have teeth & There Pretty small ! Maybe if You can bring it up My boss can see if he has something that will work . :bangin:

I Knew there was a reason I dont go out no more . I asked to talk with their Boss , But He dont work weekends . :forgetit: .

I cant wait to call TSC . :shitHitsFan: . Bob

Erik

Bob,
have you tried calling TSC or Atwoods to see if they can order one in?
(I know most of the folks at Atwoods are idiots, but sometimes they get it right...)

Well Scratch Atwoods , Eric . Evidentlly MCcdonalds have layed off recentlly & Atwoods Hired all there Help .

Whats a tooth bar ? , We dont carry Tractors ! The Buckets are in the back but I dont think they have teeth & There Pretty small ! Maybe if You can bring it up My boss can see if he has something that will work . :bangin:

I Knew there was a reason I dont go out no more . I asked to talk with their Boss , But He dont work weekends . :forgetit: .

I cant wait to call TSC . :shitHitsFan: . Bob
sorry about that - I said most when I should have said all but one or 2...
I forgot you're not close to the Derby Atwoods. They're not great, but they're better than the North one...

They should ask about the inside dimensions on your bucket as well - measure about 4-6" back from the cutting edge.

If you can't find one there, you might also try White Star to see if they'll order one in, since I think they're the Bobcat compact tractor vendor in your neck of the woods.

JimR

Make up a bar like this and you can install 1" square stock on them to use it for moving brush and such. This one didn't cost me too much to make. I also welded a 3/8's nut to the side for a locking bolt to hold the square tubing on. This setup also works great with a skid on it for a work platform. One tube alone will support my 175 pounds on the end of the tube. Six tubes will support a lot of weight. I have also used these for as a hoist for replacing the V8 motor in my boat. It works really slick.

Attachments

• Toothbar1.jpg
    Toothbar1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 316
  • Toothbar2.jpg
    Toothbar2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 311
  • Toothbar3.jpg
    Toothbar3.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 309

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks again Guys . Great pics Jim thanks , look like a nice setup . I,m really just needing it for digging & ripping through tree roots though , not sure that would be tough enough . Plus I,m really slow at getting things built , lol

I,m still not having any luck getting anything locally :pat: . The cheapest i,ve been quoted for someone ordering it is around 500 bucks & they wont even tell me what brand it would be . So looks like I,ll just order one from Mellisa as Doc mentioned , Which if I would have done before I,d allready been getting things done twice as fast . :bangin: . Oh well I aint never been accused of being very smart . :eek: . Thanks again . Bob

JimR

I've done a bit of ripping, digging and abusing this tooth bar. Because the teeth are so long they do tend to bend a bit when over working them. I've broken most of the teeth off at least once since building the bar in 2006. I just grind the angles back in at the break and weld them back on again. The steel is standard 1" square stock. The plate I used is 1/2".

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Will do Brian Thanks . Well almost 3 weeks have went by , Still no toothbar :pat: . I had a Buddy come over when I was getting ready to call & order one , He said Heck I,ll build Ya one for that price , I,ll have it in a couple of days & bring it over , I said fine . Aint heard from Him since :pat: . I guess I,ll be making that phone call now :rolleyes: . CB