Disc plow for RTV 1100

herman48

I need to buy a disc plow to take care of already established food plots and to create new ones. Any suggestions? I don't have a three-point hitch on my Kubota. The dealer in Brundidge, Alabama told me that hitch would cost 700 dollars with installation. Way too much. If I buy that I won't be able to buy the plow. So I'll need a plow with some manual device to raise and lower the discs.
Thank you in advance for your answers.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Search the forum for the word harrow. There's a few threads about disks and similar implements. Some threads will mention rtvhitchworks.com. I think this is their new site.http://utvhitchworks.com/ They make 3-point and other hitches for the RTV and also have implements.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
In line with what Jim just posted, you could check Craigslist or whatever you have in your area for a set of 6-8' disks. I'd think the RTV would do OK with that size. Might be a little tough going if you're going in after the plot has been plowed.

But... neither of these options have an option for you to lift it. :(

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I need to buy a disc plow to take care of already established food plots and to create new ones. Any suggestions? I don't have a three-point hitch on my Kubota. The dealer in Brundidge, Alabama told me that hitch would cost 700 dollars with installation. Way too much. If I buy that I won't be able to buy the plow. So I'll need a plow with some manual device to raise and lower the discs.
Thank you in advance for your answers.

I pulled a wheel pickup disk with my old Kubota 1100. Cost about 20.00 for adapters to be able to connect hydraulic lines .

Attachments

• 5E59FA6C-4CDA-48B2-BD75-D402FF86B741.jpg
    5E59FA6C-4CDA-48B2-BD75-D402FF86B741.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 40

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Great thought 71sschevelle ! I used the same principle to operate my weed wiper I put hydraulics on. Just unplugged the dump bed and plugged in the hoses for raising and lowering the wiper. It never overheated the reservoir although I did install a cooler- I don't remember if it ever even turned on.. don't think so. Its mentioned under the wiper wiper thread. bordercollie