landrover 90

shinnlinger

Those defenders are sweet looking machines,COngrats!!! but everyone I know of up here in "salt the roads so people from Massachaussest dont slip and fall" have rotted frames, (but nice shiny aluminum bodies)but than again, any car over 10 years old has a rotted frame due to the salt.

The LR Discovery on the other hand is not near the bottom of the list of the least Dependable vehicles ever made, it is at THE very bottom.

As for huge diesels in the us, but not the UK andd Europe, I will say this. I was amazed to see the Ford Maxi (think Mercedes/freightliner/dodge SPrinter) had a 2 litre (Or was it 4litre?) diesel. NOw this is a truck that can haul anything my 7.3 litre Diesel can, but the smaller UK motor gets 2x if not 3xthe mileage. SO why doesn't Ford, a US company sell the UK version in the US????? Why dont they stick that small diesel in an f-150????

Unfortunately it is all about $$$ Those efficient little UK diesels do not have the profit margin the big boy diesels have, and given no other option, we Yanks have to buy the big boy inefficient diesels...ouch!. Heck they have a Diesel focus in the UK!

pappy19

Like was said, the Landrover has the WORST record of service of ALL of the 4X4's for the past 20 years. I wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole. I bought a 1965 "Rover" 88 and it was a piece of junk. I kept it for 2 years and traded it for a Chevy 4X4 PU. Forgetaboutit.

addypaul

Those defenders are sweet looking machines,COngrats!!! but everyone I know of up here in "salt the roads so people from Massachaussest dont slip and fall" have rotted frames, (but nice shiny aluminum bodies)but than again, any car over 10 years old has a rotted frame due to the salt.

The LR Discovery on the other hand is not near the bottom of the list of the least Dependable vehicles ever made, it is at THE very bottom.

As for huge diesels in the us, but not the UK andd Europe, I will say this. I was amazed to see the Ford Maxi (think Mercedes/freightliner/dodge SPrinter) had a 2 litre (Or was it 4litre?) diesel. NOw this is a truck that can haul anything my 7.3 litre Diesel can, but the smaller UK motor gets 2x if not 3xthe mileage. SO why doesn't Ford, a US company sell the UK version in the US????? Why dont they stick that small diesel in an f-150????

Unfortunately it is all about $$$ Those efficient little UK diesels do not have the profit margin the big boy diesels have, and given no other option, we Yanks have to buy the big boy inefficient diesels...ouch!. Heck they have a Diesel focus in the UK!

From the 90s to till now, the Defender has been positioned in two market niches – one for the rugged military and expeditionary uses as the basic all-terrain all purpose utility vehicle, but if bought with the optional extras, it becomes an upscale utility off-roader that can have the creature comforts of a sedan everyday driving on city roads.