RTV X1100 new speakers

T

Toolman77

I made a rear speaker mount and installed two 6.5 inch Polk DB 651 speakers. The sound is much better and I can hear and understand my music. I am thinking about making these, what do you think.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 512

1HOTDJ

I'd buy one. I hope to be spending a lot of time inside mine this winter. Let us know how much. Looks like a Great Sound Source of income.

T

Toolman77

Not yet, I think I will make 10 to start, I could precut the holes for the speakers and then you could add what ever 6.5 inch speakers you would like. This will bolt up using the existing bolts that are located at the bottom of the head liner and you just run the speaker wires behind the head liner. I could paint them Kubota grey. I will get the pricing for the material, cutting, and bending and let you know.
Thanks for your interest.

T

Toolman77

I thought I would post my mirror brackets that I made also, and then used a set of inexpensive golf cart mirrors. I could not find anything available and when I plow snow I get tired of turning around and looking back.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 487

1HOTDJ

I like those as well. How much? If your going to make them?
You have a gold mine of knowledge and the know how to make some $$$$ here.
Let me know. Todd Kent 828-507-8405
Thanks

Nevadablue

I like your mirror brackets too. I installed my factory mirrors today and I don't like them. I hate convex mirrors... like Gallagher said, "everything you see in this mirror is effed up"
I need to find some flat mirrors.

T

Toolman77

Nevadablue
I know what you mean about the convex mirrors. I never could find any info for factory mirrors and I probably could not afford them anyway. These do a nice job, they fold in and can tilt and lets you see at the sides of the RTV when backing up. I can make these too.
Thanks for all the commits here.

T

Toolman77

Just a update, I have the Aluminum material in and will be having it cnc waterjet cut hopefully the first part of next week for the speaker housing and the mirror brackets. I will then need to do the bending. Be patient and i will get it done. I have not come up with a price yet but I will keep it as inexpensive as I can.
Thanks for all of the interest and encouragement.
Tim C.

T

Toolman77

No problem, I hope to be bending next week as soon as they get cut. I will let you know as soon as I can get them done.
Thanks, Tim C

Nevadablue

Tim, while you are thinking about aluminum, think about extending the 'console' that is in the middle front of the cab roof. I'm planning on making lowering blocks for my sun visors. It will make them MUCH more useful. And, it will allow me to make at least a shelf on both sides of the radio mounting place. There's such little storage in these critters that I'm looking all over for more. The bolts that hold the visors could be used to hold up the 'shelves'.

T

Toolman77

Ken, Sounds like a good ideal. I will look at making some shelves on each side of the radio mounting console and I could put holes for the sun visors to be bolted in it. I would bend a small lip on the front of it for strength, and to keep item from falling out. I will work on a concept this weekend and let you know.
Thanks, Tim

ovrszd

My most used modification has been the storage box on the floor behind my feet. Carries the tools I need plus a log chain.