Favorite tool

olcowhand

There's NO way for me to pick a favorite as ALL have their place. BUT if I were to HAVE to pick a favorite...it'd be........my hands! :mrgreen:

eshack

Gotta say i love my 3 pound sledge. perfect when you need to persuade somethin. next comes the universal key :) the bolt cutters

texasjohn

My Leatherman Wave multitool.....I always carry it.... just started over a year ago. I've been stunned at how many steps it saves me. I use it about 10 times a day..... it gets the job done often without resort to another tool.....yes, there are individual better knives, screwdrivers, awls, saws, files, diamond files, scissors, etc.... but they are in the tool box while the leatherman is in my HAND right where I unexpectedly encounter a problem and need a tool to solve the problem right now.

jwstewar

Staff member
Not sure how I missed this first time around, but my favorite tool is my DeWalt 18-volt impact driver. So much that I now have 2 of them - had to buy the second one, it had a light on it and mine didn't.:whistling: As great as I thought a cordless drill to drive screws was to a screw driver, this is that much better again. It is amazing how much easier and faster this thing is vs. a cordless drills and it doesn't strip the heads out near as much and doesn't twist your wrist. I used my 18-volt DeWalt cordless drill the other day and couldn't believe how "diffucult" it was. It didn't do it near as well and I didn't find the drill balanced near as well. If you don't have yourself an impact driver yet, do yourself a favor and get one. Your wrist and arm will thank you.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
If you don't have yourself an impact driver yet, do yourself a favor and get one. Your wrist and arm will thank you.

Now that's the kind of advice that I need. I'll let my wife see it. :)

Speaking of my wife, I can tell you what her favorite tool is ... the telephone. Whenever something breaks or goes wrong around the house, she picks it up and calls me. Her work is done. :)

Favorite tool, that's a tough one.

The FEL and grapple ranks right up there on the big stuff. You can do so much with that thing.

Handtools ... a small bolt cutter that I use as a wirecutter when fixing wire fence and the Paslode airless nail gun for fixing board fence around the house.

Don

I guess it would be my 6" channel locks I have a couple pairs. They will do a lot and not heavy in my pocket.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Without a doubt... my tractor.:yum:
It was your favorite TOOL not TOY!!!! Just Kidding. I would have to agree. I listed my front end loader w/ forks but neither would do me much good without my Tractor. Love my tractor and it is a favorite for me also. :thumb: :beer:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OK, I looked and it appears I haven't tossed in my 2-cents yet.

My favorite.... My son. At 10-years-old, maybe not the best tool, but trying to learn. Without detail or tooting my horn, he's my "go to" and whatever the business is, he'll take care of it.

If his mechanical capabilities catch up with his physical, I'll feel blessed.

CantonHayGuy

OK, I looked and it appears I haven't tossed in my 2-cents yet.

My favorite.... My son. At 10-years-old, maybe not the best tool, but trying to learn. Without detail or tooting my horn, he's my "go to" and whatever the business is, he'll take care of it.

If his mechanical capabilities catch up with his physical, I'll feel blessed.

Amen to that zoom! That's pretty cool.

I will add, since I got my first tractor in 2004 I've adopted the motto: "if the job doesn't require using my tractor - it's not worth doing!" :D

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
My RTV 900 is my essential #1 on the farm. It get's me where I need to be. On basic hand tools, it would be my spring activated fence pliers with the leverage I need to work the wire without aggrivating my hand's joints. 2nd favorite would be my small kinex wire cutters with the leverage aid.They make wire cutting a snap with one hand and still fit in your pocket. Tied with 2nd would be the high tensile crimpers. It makes splicing HT wire so easy. I could go on and on...... bordercollie