New Owner, Question about Speedometer

Hello, First I must say how informative this forum is. Thank you, to all, who contribute and take the time to answer all the questions. I look forward to being able to contribute, after today, taking delivery of a 900W, equipped nicely, I might add: ATV tires, DUAL front and rear roof-mounted lights, Kubota plow (w/pwr angle, of course), soft cab, Orange, yes Orange steel roof, glove box (free), Rear lamp guards (free), Head rests (free) and Speedometer (free too!)

My question is about the Speedo. Mine does not illuminate, like the other two gages. Does anyone have one that does? Perhaps my dealer didn't wire correctly?

I also, based on comments and feedback read here, got the Rhino Lining sprayed into my dump bed. What a great job they did. Bed lips wrapped, tail gate, etc.

Any concerns, issues, etc. I need to look for or have my dealer address, with my new Baby?

Thanks again for the information and support everyone offers.

Oh, I'll be using mine to maintain my 200 tree Apple Orchard and woodland that I that I log.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
SCO,</P>

Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting your RTV.</P>

How did you get all that stuff for free? Dealer tossing it in on the deal?</P>

Yes, the speedo is illuminated (although a different color than the other 2 gauges). Wiring is pretty straight forward (just plug it in if I recall) so I'm wondering if it's the bulb itself.</P>

If you have a new machine, I would say no. There should be no (known and correctable) things that should be addressed. There's a couplethings with some of the older machines but they've been addressed. You may see fogging in the gauges but they're working on that.</P>

Now get that baby to work. The apples are ready (at least around here).</P>

Brian</P>

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your comments. You made me laugh!
As for the extras I got for free, it's a long story. I received even more than I mentioned. I got them to include 2 new 5 gal. diesel cans, driving it 25 miles to the Rhino Dealer, (and back to their dealership) and delivery to my place. I also have the Kubota windshield (not free).

I'll have to have them check the speedo as it is not illuminating. Thanks for clarifying my Baby has no known issues....the gages didn't fog over completely, just a faint haze, but it's only been two days.

I picked apples with her yesterday. She loved roaming around my orchard.

Roger
Stoney Creek Orchard

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Roger and welcome! You will love the RTV.. I am crazy about mine. I bought mine late Feb 05 and have about 440 hours on it. What kind of tires did you get? I got ws but wish I had gotten the grips. Now I must get a set for winter. I have people stop when I 'm working on the road fence to check out the K.The power steering is FINE. I would look under the hood and make sure that the speedo is still plugged in to theelectrical wiring . they might have connected the transmission and forgot the electric part?Good luck and happy picking.. Bordercollie.

Hi BC,
440 Hours since Feb? Do you drive to work in it? I got the ATV tires. My dealer gave me a demo model with WS tires, to try out for four days. Let me tell you....It was the best four days I had, until I got my own! I did check the wiring, under the hood. You were right, the wire for the illumination was not plugged in. THANKS! i can see it at night now. BTW I spent the day picking. Got over 10 bushels in her. She's making a fine addition to my family.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Stoney Creek, I am so glad the wires were the answer.I have had/have a serious computer problem so I haven't been able to reply until recently.Yes, I love the K . I had a Mule before and thought I was up town.HAHA Now I really am. I just have ranover 530 hours .This time of year is very busy on the farm as we have tagged over 180 calves. There are a lot of fallen trees and limbs , fences to fix etc.We ride and check each day to avoid calving problems. It is so easy to get inand out of the Kubota that it really makes my day. I am sure that you will enjoy being aKubotan.Before long, you may be rigging up a spray rig...even some organics I believe use them to spray organic agents on their fruit.The power point is strong enough to carry my 25 gallon. Soooo much time saved with this machine!!! I could gain days just by the time saved over not climbing in and out of the truck.Happy Picking, Bordercollie[&]