Tractoritis

I believe that these guys deserve the long version.:D By the way Brian Dougster had nothing to do with this. :yum:
You guys crack me up. With Doug's Smiley display you would think that you thought it was bad news to poke fun at me.:poke: Would you buy a certain make of automobile if it only came in one color? If you liked the auto but hated the color, would you think about getting it painted so that you could have the auto that you liked along with a color that you liked? Well that is basically what I did.

Ok, here goes the kind of sort of long version of why I have a New Holland Blue 7520 Mahindra. Back when I was looking for a tractor and I had gone to all of the tractor dealers in our area, (Massey, Kubota-New Holland, John Deere and Mahindra) and none of them showed little if any interest in making a sale let alone negotiate price, I had to go shopping via the internet.

Had pretty much made up my mind to get a New Holland TN75. One of the things that I don't like about the TN is that they have a lot of electronics. Electronics and me, well we don't get along very well. I had given up on Mahindra because the biggest that they had back then was the 6500. Did not care for any of the Kubotas, John Deere was way out of my price range. Never had a chance to look at a Massey that was the right size and unfortunately for me (I guess) I really like blue.

So I was pricing New Hollands from the internet dealers in the south east. Got a price from one and then from the other. One was about a grand less than the other. So when I was talking with them I had told them that I wasn't real happy with all the electronics on the New Holland. The sales guy said that he agreed and had I thought about a Mahindra. I said that it was not quite big enough, he said that there was a new 75hp model out and that it was heaver than the TN and that a lot of the Mahindra stuff was mechanical and didn't rely on electronics.

Sounded good to me, so he gave me a price and I told him that I had to think about it. Did some research on it, found it to be an outstanding tractor specking out higher than all the other tractors that I had looked at.:D

Tried one last time to deal with the local Mahindra dealer. HA, what a joke that was, good riddance. Called the Southern dealer back and was talking to him about the 7520 tractor and trying to get everything clear. When we were about done he asked me if everything was alright and I said that I was not sure. He asked what was the problem, and I told him that I was not sure if I could take looking out over a red hood all day long because I hate red. He asked if that was all, and I answered yes. His answer was if that is all that there is to make the deal, then we will paint it for you. Free I asked? Sure was his answer, well my thinking was how good of a job would I get if they were going to do it for free? I said no, figure the cost and I will pay for the paint job. Called back the next day, got the price and some details and said lets do it. What color was asked and I responded blue. What color of blue was asked and my answer was New Holland Blue. So now you sort of kind of know why I have a New Holland Blue 7520 Mahindra.

Now for those of you who already knew most of this from that other board, I included a few more tidbits of information. I hope to get another smaller tractor sometime in the not to to distant future and I most likely will not get it re-painted. Even if it is red. My wife wants me to tell you guys that this is a lot of work for me because of my two finger pecking method of typing.:lam: Is there a proper name for this type of typing other than slow?

Sorry for the slow response, but I type slow and I was eating dinner at the same time.

No, I guess not. :eek: And I officially give up. :( Time for Brian to pop back in here and explain why he owns the only BLUE Mahindra in America. :fishing:

Dougster

Man, I am really slow. You guys make all these posts and me, I was still typing my first response. :lam: Oh well, I doubt that I will get much faster than I am now, such is life. A man has to know his limitations, and I have about reached mine.:D

Brian sorry to put you thru it once again, but it just one of those stories that needs to be told. It really shows that there are some dealers that will go out of their way to make a customer happy. Oh yea and to close the deal.

Don't blame Dougster. I had made the suggestion about the color and he pm'd me that he had promised not to bring it up. Of course I told him that I would blame hm for it. :poke:

Dougster

Old Member
You guys crack me up. With Doug's Smiley display you would think that you thought it was bad news to poke fun at me.:poke: Would you buy a certain make of automobile if it only came in one color? If you liked the auto but hated the color, would you think about getting it painted so that you could have the auto that you liked along with a color that you liked? Well that is basically what I did.

Brian sorry to put you thru it once again, but it just one of those stories that needs to be told. It really shows that there are some dealers that will go out of their way to make a customer happy. Oh yea and to close the deal.

Don't blame Dougster. I had made the suggestion about the color and he pm'd me that he had promised not to bring it up. Of course I told him that I would blame hm for it. :poke:
It's certainly not easy being the Dougster. :eek: But for anyone who is a little confused by some of the posts in this thread, I should explain that Brian has had to tell this story many, many times... probably more times than either of us can count. Further, I have kidded him relentlessly in the past about making up and presenting a far more interesting & exciting story about how his otherwise red tractor came to be blue. In fact, I've offered to write the far more interesting & exciting story for him since my imagination knows no bounds and I am never too hung up about stretching (some would say "re-imagining") the truth on things such as this to the outer limits! :D

But Brian would have no part of my demented fantasy world... and so he must type all those words yet again and tell the story his way. My version of the story would have been far superior, of course... but for better or worse, his version is the truth. ;)

Dougster