HEADREST ?

ajdillon

Re: HEADREST ?

Jamie: I don't have the headrests, but I did hang a soft rifle scabbard from three caribiners that hook onto the rear screen. The rifle scabbard has two pockets in it that hit me just about where the headrests would mount. I keep my rain pants in one pocket and my rain jacket in the other and on the few occasions when I was hauling it thru the woods and hit something that bumped the two pockets worked fine. Cabelas has one like mine at: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0034739521877a&type=product&cmCat=Search_Results_NYR&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=scabbard&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=scabbard&noImage=0</P>

Andrew</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

<TABLE class=CAMultiPage id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___EditorPages_table cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">
<TABLE class=CAPageContent id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ComposePage style="DISPLAY: block; WIDTH: 100%; HEIGHT: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">
<DIV id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___Reply>ajdillon </DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Now I like that, these would be so much better than the headrest, PLUS, have something to storge our items in also >>> Thank You so much for the information ..... </P>

I would rather spend the money on this, that serves several purposes anyway !!!! </P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

ajdillon </P>

Thanks for the hint, ordered one yesterday. Looks like this thing will serve as a multi-service accessory ~~~ Never turn down a good place to tote items that a person will need in time out in the woods !!!! Like you, put it on the inside, and take care of the head also >>>>>>>.</P>

</P>

rapracing

My machine has the rests. I hadn't noticed them, good or bad, until this thread. I paid attention to them the past couple of trips out. It seems they are out of the way for them most part. I have to lean back farther than seems natural to even contact them. I suppose if you hit a bump wrong they may be good but I like the idea of the gun case better. </P>

</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

Checked the UPS tracking, should show up Friday >>> I will post a picture of it installed !!!!!1

ajdillon

Jamie: I'm glad you liked the idea. I bought three small caribiners (little key chain sized ones with spring loaded links, see picture below) and then mounted them in the appropriate place on the inside of the rear grill using nylon wire ties. I took the mounting straps off and then just clipped the three D-rings to the caribiners so I could easily take it out when I want to. So far the longest of my deer rifles fits without a problem. The only thing that might be a problem is my turkey gun with the big choke on the end.</P>

Andrew</P>

</P>

ajdillon

Jamie: Speaking of deer rifles, here's a picture of the beast I shot up in Saskatchewan last fall. He was a gnarly SOB.</P>

Andrew</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

Thanks for the help. Go in the morning to the general store and pic up three of 'em ....</P>

I have a two gun ( not me ) Big Sky overhead gun rack, which I do love.Mrs. Two Guns & my deer rifles, which are big caliber weapons,.300 & .338, usally rides up there. We always carry a thirdsmaller caliber rifle,( .223 ,204,22-250 or a 22 hornet ) for the boar hogs. ( We have really bad wild hog troubles ) ....That's going to be the perfect home for the smaller weapon. I been tired of keeping it ( smaller weapon ) in a military parachute weapons case, in the back ~~~~ this is going to work out perfect, again, I thank you for the help !!!!!!!! </P>

~~~~~~~~~ jamie </P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

Andrew, </P>

That's a really nice kill !!! Just called Mrs. Two Guns over to take a look, She also agreed !!!!!</P>

Them 'old grunts DON'T come around everyday. A man has to work hard for them !!!</P>

We have had a few nice cooler days last week, but, done turned off hot. Deer's not moving now. And the funny thing, in our Cuddeback cameras, our bucks are still hanging around together, not showing any hints of them going into rut at all. Mrs. Two Guns & myself, took seven bucks between us last week. None of 'em in rut. Just 'ole bucks just passing by, no doe running yet at all !! Weather has them all messed up over here !!! Be glad when the cold weather steps back in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</P>

</P>

Dirtroad27

My 05 900 has every option you can get ...steel top glass w/shield overhead console, full hydro with remotes, heater, wipers, soft doors, winch and more..., I took the headache rack with the head rest off because there is no way to reach the beer cooler without getting off the bota, the other post are correct, they are of no use, to far from your head. If your head goes back far enough to hit one your either passed out or just moments away from an ambulance ride.