So do you collect leaves?

Mith

Brush seems to work best for me.
Chew them up with the mower and sweep up whats left. Gets all the little sticks and junk, wipes the worm casts off the grass too.
And you get nice stripes :D

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Never have raked, or collected. Just run the mower over em if they get too bad!

I'm with redneck. I use a hand held blower to get them off the driveway, out of the flower beds, etc., and on to the lawn. From there I hit them with the B2400 and RFM with mulching kit.

On places I can't get to with the tractor, I reverse the blower to suck and dump the mulched leaves into the FEL and take them to the veggie garden. I hate collecting leaves so I try to keep it to an absolute minimum although in a weak moment I did fill up both sides on my composter with leaves from the very bottom of the garden. That seems to be the area where they all collect and build up, apart from the swimming pool that is. I really need to clean that out but it's way to cold right now.

chowhound

They usually blow away here, too, but this past season they had 6" of snow on them before the fall winds came. After it melted off my neighbor was out there in a borrowed mulcher/vaccum attachment on a lawn tractor. I went to TSC and picked up one of those rear bagger leaf rakes 30 bucks off cuz it was out of season. I didn't want to invest a lot because I'm hoping this isn't a yearly occurrance, but I had fun collecting them :biggrin: So much fun, that I was already thinking of a way to hook up some pulleys and use the winch to flip the bag. Those wet leaves were heavy. I had to get off to muscle up the bag and dump them.

Attachments

• new rake.jpg
    new rake.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 90

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Get an el cheapo 12V winch at Harbor Freight for $60 and mount it on the rear of the ATV.

toyz4roy

I picked up the kubota bagger system for my mower deck works nice but have to keep emptying the bags. I like the looks of the cyclonerake system , I was thinking of using their bag system with my blower. Looks like its easier to unload by dumping.