Howdy from north Texas!

Only Jay knows for sure... but last I heard he is expecting a potentially billable storm for me Tuesday->Wednesday of next week. He said it could even be a double-pusher!!! :thumb:

Still, I doubt I will make enough money to buy a Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee after you take into account all of my backed-up & overdue bills. :rolleyes:

Dougster

Well Doug, only time will tell. I hope that what ever snow sequence works best for you, that is what happens with your weather. As for me, all I can say is:letitsnow: :letitsnow: :letitsnow: . Maybe if it snows enough you can get your bills paid and still have enough for 1 :starbucks: Do I need to talk to Jay? Maybe with some persuasion he will do his dance twice. On 2nd thought, maybe I better leave the weather thing between you guys. Just want to help, I guess that we will find out later.:wave:

Dougster

Old Member
Well Doug, only time will tell. I hope that what ever snow sequence works best for you, that is what happens with your weather. As for me, all I can say is:letitsnow: :letitsnow: :letitsnow: . Maybe if it snows enough you can get your bills paid and still have enough for 1 :starbucks: Do I need to talk to Jay? Maybe with some persuasion he will do his dance twice. On 2nd thought, maybe I better leave the weather thing between you guys. Just want to help, I guess that we will find out later.:wave:
Jay is the man. He knows what he's doing. I wouldn't do anything to upset his snow dance mojo. He'll know how many dances are necessary to get me a billable storm. He is a pro at this! :respect:

And I wouldn't want to get too excited over the prospect of paying all my bills AND getting a Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee. You wouldn't want me to get all excited only to have my hopes dashed & trashed... would you??? :rolleyes:

Dougster

Jay is the man. He knows what he's doing. I wouldn't do anything to upset his snow dance mojo. He'll know how many dances are necessary to get me a billable storm. He is a pro at this! :respect:

And I wouldn't want to get too excited over the prospect of paying all my bills AND getting a Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee. You wouldn't want me to get all excited only to have my hopes dashed & trashed... would you??? :rolleyes:

Dougster

:oops: :no: :notthatway: :letitsnow: :letitsnow: But it is nice to get excited once in a while.

mobilus

Jim,

Tiny is still around. The VFD is where I know him from. He stopped fighting fires years ago, but he's a big supporter...kind of a "reserve" member. I joined the VFD after the town of Ringold was burnt down by a brush fire Jan 1, 2006.

Thanks for the coffee.

Mark

:starbucks: :starbucks: more, more!

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Jim,

Tiny is still around. The VFD is where I know him from. He stopped fighting fires years ago, but he's a big supporter...kind of a "reserve" member. I joined the VFD after the town of Ringold was burnt down by a brush fire Jan 1, 2006.

Thanks for the coffee.

Mark

:starbucks: :starbucks: more, more!

Say hello for me the next time you see him. I was on the volunteer department at Henrietta.

Jim

xPosTech

Oh man,:eek: 4 cups, that's an awful lot of coffee. Are you peeing yet?

I never understood how coffee
MySmilyMug.gif
can run through you so fast. I mean, it has to stop and change color, right?. Beer :beer-fresh:, on the other hand... :yum: :yum:

Ted

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I never understood how coffee
MySmilyMug.gif
can run through you so fast. I mean, it has to stop and change color, right?. Beer :beer-fresh:, on the other hand... :yum: :yum:

Ted

:yum: :yum: Thanks for the laugh this morning Ted. :thumb: :tiphat: :starbucks::starbucks:

ps. guessing you noticed I added the startbucks mug to the smilies for all to use and abuse at their discretion. :D

mobilus

Thanks, Brandi! I like to fly Southwest. My wife's step-sister works as a flight attendant with them, so the in-laws are regularly taking advantage of the buddy pass deal from PHX to DAL. The only problem is that they don't find the return trip early enough! I love what you do for a living...all the time in the AF taught me the value of a good S/M tech. Besides, y'all can make some really cool stuff that I can't with wrenches.

Ted, that's a good argument for having a beer at my desk in the morning instead of several cups of coffee...it IS easier on the body, right?

Jim, I will do just that. The first time I met him, I laughed..."Tiny", that's like calling him "Quiet".

Y'all have a great day!

rback33

BTW.. I keep wondering if Brandi is gonna brave the city and mosey up towards the BIG airport... I am staying out on JFK one more night before we jet home tomorrow finally....

Bindian

BTW.. I keep wondering if Brandi is gonna brave the city and mosey up towards the BIG airport... I am staying out on JFK one more night before we jet home tomorrow finally....
Jeremy,
You down talking with Mahindra?? I live up north of IAH about 45 minutes drive. I am on my way to Austin today. My daughter and I will see George Strait in concert noche manana.:cool:
Guess we will have to wait until Tulare to meet.
hugs, Brandi

mobilus

Jim,

Here's a joke I got today:

Two women friends had gone for a girl's night out. Both were very faithful and loving wives, however, they had gotten over-enthusiastic on the Bacardi Breezers. Incredibly drunk and walking home they needed to pee, so they stopped in the cemetery.

One of them had nothing to wipe with so she thought she would take off her panties and use them. Her friend however was wearing a rather expensive pair of panties and did not want to ruin them. She was lucky enough to squat down next to a grave that had a wreath with a ribbon on it, so she proceeded to wipe with that.

After the girls did their business they proceeded to go home. The
next day one of the women's husbands was concerned that his
normally sweet and innocent wife was still in bed hung over.

The husband phoned the other husband and said, 'These girl nights have got to stop! I'm starting to suspect the worst.. my wife came home with no panties!!'

'That's nothing' said the other husband, 'Mine came back with a card stuck to her ass that said.....'From all of us at the Fire Station. We'll never forget you.''

mobilus

Hope no one took offense at that joke.

Jim, although Tiny wasn't at the firehouse meeting tonight, I asked a couple of the old farts and they knew you. Don Liggett and Myron Vondielingen knew your name. Something about your family having lots of money????

Isn't it strange that you can meet someone so far away that has ties to the same area and activities?

Anyway, we put a clutch in one of the brush trucks tonight. Went really smooth...unlike a lot of our repairs.

Mark

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Don Liggett and Myron Vondielingen knew your name. Something about your family having lots of money????

The money thing is news to me :yum:

I remember both Don and Myron. They knew most of my family too. My Dad, my brother, a couple of Uncles, and several cousins were on the department at Henrietta. My brother and Cousin George are still there.

Jim

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No offense at all from the joke Mobilus. Keep em coming ... :thumb: :D

rback33

Jeremy,
You down talking with Mahindra?? I live up north of IAH about 45 minutes drive. I am on my way to Austin today. My daughter and I will see George Strait in concert noche manana.:cool:
Guess we will have to wait until Tulare to meet.
hugs, Brandi

Yup. I have been here all week. Hopefully will be jetting out of here about 2. Tulare it is I guess! lol

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
No offense at all from the joke Mobilus. Keep em coming ... :thumb: :D

no problem with the joke, I've already forwarded it :thumb:

I'm still amazed at how small the internet world really is!

Jim

Bindian

Yup. I have been here all week. Hopefully will be jetting out of here about 2. Tulare it is I guess! lol

Jeremy,
How did you like the weather? Did Brenda and he who can't be named take you to lunch? Since you were staying near JFK Blvd., I guess you had to take an off brand airline out of IAH. :umbrella: Oh well. Maybe you can fly an awesome airline next time.:thumb:
hugs, Brandi

rback33

Jeremy,
How did you like the weather? Did Brenda and he who can't be named take you to lunch? Since you were staying near JFK Blvd., I guess you had to take an off brand airline out of IAH. :umbrella: Oh well. Maybe you can fly an awesome airline next time.:thumb:
hugs, Brandi

Weather has been good. Much better than at home! I talked to Brenda & HWCBN (He Who Can't Be Named) for a while, but did not go to lunch with them. I was not in Tomball long. Unfortunately I am stuck on the off-branded airlines since the GOOD ones to not service Wichita. I DID fly into Hobby once on Airtran. It was not too bad. I like the smaller airport atmosphere. Oh well....:sorry:

Bindian

Unfortunately I am stuck on the off-branded airlines since the GOOD ones to not service Wichita. I DID fly into Hobby once on Airtran. It was not too bad. I like the smaller airport atmosphere. Oh well....:sorry:

Jeremy,
We do what we must. I love the smaller "reliever" airports also. SWA's business plan is to stay away from the heavier congested airports when we can. It makes a lot of since, in and out fast.........or taxi for miles to stand in line behind 15 other planes waiting for 15 more planes to land.
hugs, Brandi