signed up last night

rback33

Welcome, Erik! :tiphat:

I spent 2 1/2 years working in Topeka, stayed out at Paxico. I loved being in the Flint Hills, and really miss it, since then I've spent most of my time in Northern Alabama, with side trips to South Texas, Iowa and Missouri.

Fred

I live in an RV, so home is where the bus is . . . .

The come on back and see us! Still a great place to be!

xPosTech

Ted, I'm sure they were horses, and if you leave them on a pasture long enough without rotating, weed control, overseeding, etc... they can do similar amounts of damage as goats or sheep - it just takes longer.
:wink: Funny thing is, wife and I considered getting some goats to clean up some of the scrub - but I didn't have the necessary time to replace all my fencing to keep them in! (Still kinda tempting, goats are tasty!)

Ah yes...Cabrito!. Delicioso. When I moved from Huntsville, late 2003, they were $25 fully dressed ready to throw on the pit. You just pointed out which one you wanted. :cool:

Ted

rback33

Almost exactly half way between off of 281. Probably pass close to you, go to hutch often on 61.

U get with in prolly 15 miles...it's about that far to Langdon... I heard there was a big fire out in your neck of the woods today....

Erik

Ted,
you're right cabrito's tasty! sheep are OK, but lamb is much better! (unfortunately, they're also about the dumbest animal on the planet next to opossums and more self destructive then your average college student...)

RBack33 - wife had friends in Sterling a few years back, he worked for the college, don't remember what she did. What kind of horses? and which people up this way? I understand the one mile thing - right now I live across the street from the reservation (street is the boundary line), the house I'm building is on the res, has a Mayetta mailing addy and a Hoyt phone number. (and I work in Topeka)

Brandi - pictures as soon as I salvage the old hard drive, and I really doubt your tractor can pick mine up. ;) (it really does weigh over 4,000 pounds)

Mobilus, if I ever find myself down that way, I'll let you know ahead of time. (I think I have cousins near you on one side of the border or the other)

Bindian

Brandi - pictures as soon as I salvage the old hard drive, and I really doubt your tractor can pick mine up. ;) (it really does weigh over 4,000 pounds)
Erik,
If your Century 2535 is the same as a Branson 3510, then www.tractordata.com says it weighs 3640 pounds. My tractor should pick that up. I guess I should have replied to your question........ Brandi - now that I've finally got a hug, what happens if I mention my tractor is red, too?
..........is this way.........Red is good, but I think I need to talk to your wife. Because I feel your statement is a solicition for more. But I was trying to be cute with my tongue in my cheek.:pat: :sorry: but that is the way it came across to me. So now, I close with my standard signature line.:noevil:I do envy your 35 acres.:cool:
hugs, Brandi

N

Nicahawk

Welcome, Erik! :tiphat:

I spent 2 1/2 years working in Topeka, stayed out at Paxico. I loved being in the Flint Hills, and really miss it, since then I've spent most of my time in Northern Alabama, with side trips to South Texas, Iowa and Missouri.

Fred

I live in an RV, so home is where the bus is . . . .
GreenWannabe, I lived in Topeka for several years.......We probably crossed paths.:wave:

Erik

Erik,
If your Century 2535 is the same as a Branson 3510, then www.tractordata.com says it weighs 3640 pounds. My tractor should pick that up. I guess I should have replied to your question........ Brandi - now that I've finally got a hug, what happens if I mention my tractor is red, too?
..........is this way.........Red is good, but I think I need to talk to your wife. Because I feel your statement is a solicition for more. But I was trying to be cute with my tongue in my cheek.:pat: :sorry: but that is the way it came across to me. So now, I close with my standard signature line.:noevil:I do envy your 35 acres.:cool:
hugs, Brandi

Brandi, 3640 is the right weight before the loader and subframe.
Sorry if it sounded like I was soliciting for more than just a hug - was not my intention - I was being tongue in cheek as well and was only thinking of the "doublehugs" I've seen you send a couple other folks' way. Truly was not trying to insult or insinuate anything else. :sorry:

Bindian

Brandi, 3640 is the right weight before the loader and subframe.
Sorry if it sounded like I was soliciting for more than just a hug - was not my intention - I was being tongue in cheek as well and was only thinking of the "doublehugs" I've seen you send a couple other folks' way. Truly was not trying to insult or insinuate anything else. :sorry:

Erik,:wave:
I didn't realize you had a loader.:oops: Now that we have that cleared up and both of us have our tongues in their proper places:pat:..........................2Xhugs,:) Brandi
P.S. How about those tractor pics.

rback33

Ted,
you're right cabrito's tasty! sheep are OK, but lamb is much better! (unfortunately, they're also about the dumbest animal on the planet next to opossums and more self destructive then your average college student...)

That there is funny!:yum::yum:

RBack33 - wife had friends in Sterling a few years back, he worked for the college, don't remember what she did. What kind of horses? and which people up this way? I understand the one mile thing - right now I live across the street from the reservation (street is the boundary line), the house I'm building is on the res, has a Mayetta mailing addy and a Hoyt phone number. (and I work in Topeka)

We have two Quarter Horses, but my wife trains and shows hunter/jumpers mostly and some dressage. Chances are fair that if he worked for the college and/or they lived in Sterling then I at least know OF them. My family has VERY deep roots with the school. I was in fact the first 3rd generation football player there.