Bed lift options?

pattyman

Hey guys I recently bought an 06 general purpose, that they were trading in at work. I want some sort of bed lift, I have seen the kit from kubota that come's with a hydraulic resivor,which is my favorite. I have seen the one from utv hitch works. I am really not interested in spending 1500 bucks on either. I have also seen a bed lift assist, that uses a gas cylinder, doesn't look bad just worried about how long the cylinder will hold up. The route that i am interested in the most, i have heard of some people using an electric trailer jack as a modified lift, id like to hear from anybody that has done this. Also let me know if there are any options i haven't heard of.

Thanks

P.S. if somebody has made one from a electric trailer jack pictures would be great.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi pattyman, just wanted to welcome you to Net Tractor Talk and the world of RTV's. Congrats on your 'new to you' RTV. Member Mark S. recently installed a hydraulic lift kit. Looks like it works well. Should be interesting to see if anyone here does have the electric version of a bed lift. I don't recall one right off, but that does not count for much.

Mark.Sibole

I looked at all options when i decided to go with a bed lift.I had the lift assist on for a while and it did a decent job on lighter loads and only if the load was positioned correctly.It dosnt lift automatically it just makes lifting your bed manually a lot easier is all.Ive seen one with the attenuater lift system and it worked but didnt lie anything over a 300 pound load so for me that was out.I went with the UTV ditchworks because of the ease of the install and the loads it will lift.The Kubota is a lot harder to install and more time consuming and I didnt want to have to pull the engine place and line squat up with drift pins.Having MS I needed it for dumping fire wood as its all I heat with and didnt want to kill myself unloading by hand.I still have my lift assist in the garage and if you live close I can send it to you to try but i know youll say it just isnt what im loking for.The Hitchworks was my best option.Easy to install and lifts loads like you cant believe.Even with Multiple Sclerosis I had it installed in 1 hour .It was stupid simple to install.

Mark.Sibole

PS there was an electric lift on EBAY a few weeks back but he wanted 600 for it and wouldnt budge on price,You dont see the electric ones often as they quit making them as they didnt work worth a damn and to many complaints on lack of power for the price.