Synthetic motor oil

doggman

Is anyone using full synthetic motor oil in their RTV? ( I tried the Search function but it's out of order...)</P>

I've been using a Conoco Phillips syn-blend oilbut am thinking of switching to a synthetic like Shell Synthetic Rotella. The Syn Rotellais only twice the cost of regular Rotella. </P>

My engine is broken in so it's past the break in issues associated with synthetics. </P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Make sure what ever oil you use, make sure it <FONT face=Arial size=2>specifically formulated for diesels !!!</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial size=2>I know of one owner that is using Fully synthetic Mobil 1®DieselMotor Oil >>>><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3></FONT></FONT></P>

BUT, what and see what the " search " show up with..... </P>

<FONT face=Arial size=2> </FONT><FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=5>Two Guns </FONT></P>

</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<FONT face=Arial size=2>Here is something you may want to read :</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial size=2> http://compacttractorreview.com/cs/forums/thread/9776.aspx </FONT></P>

http://compacttractorreview.com/cs/forums/thread/9407.aspx</P>

<FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=5>Two Guns </FONT></P>

</P>

doggman

Thanks, Two Guns. Those are the threads that I remembered but couldn't find. </P>

Yes, you have to use "C" type oil in a diesel. The "C" stands for compression ignition (diesel). The gasoline oils are "S" for spark ignition. </P>

I saw an article today about a new heavy duty "green" engine oil made out of beef tallow for cars and trucks. Somehow I can't quite get into the idea that it would stand up in a modern engine. </P>

After our 50 hour service we switched to Amsoil.
<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">PRODUCT DESCRIPTION</SPAN><SPAN style="COLOR: red">
</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">AMSOIL Series 3000 100% Synthetic 5W-30 Diesel Oil (HDD) delivers extraordinary lubrication in both diesel and gasoline engines found in commercial, fleet and personal vehicles. By combining the industry’s premier synthetic technology with AMSOIL premium additives, AMSOIL HDD exceeds the higher performance demands of modern engines. It withstands the stress of higher heat, higher acid levels and excessive soot loading found in EGR equipped engines. AMSOIL Series 3000 Synthetic 5W-30 Diesel Oil consistently outperforms conventional and synthetic diesel oils for long-lasting performance and protection</SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">We contacted our dealer and they talk to Kubota and they said this oil would be fine but to useKubota Super UDT on the transmission since that is already synthetic. We switched to Amsoil since we have some really cold starting temps.</SPAN></P>

<FONT size=2>APPLICATIONS</FONT><FONT size=2>
AMSOIL Synthetic 5W-30 Heavy Duty Diesel Oil is recommended for diesel engines and other applications requiring any of the listed worldwide specifications and gasoline engines requiring API SL, SJ, SH . . . or ACEA A3.</FONT></P>
<P align=left><FONT size=2>• API CI-4+, CF, CF-2, SL • ACEA A3/B3, E2, E3, E5 • Global DHD-1 • JASO DH-1 • Mack EO-N Premium Plus ’03 • DDC Power Guard 93K214 • Caterpillar <FONT size=2>ECF-1-a, ECF-2 </FONT>• Cummins CES 20071, 20072, 20076, 20077, 20078 • Volvo VDS-2, VDS-3 • MB 228.1, 228.3, 229.1 • MAN 3275 • MTU Type 1 • MIL-PRF-2104G</FONT></P>
<P align=left><FONT size=2>AMSOIL HDD is compatible with conventional and synthetic motor oils. Mixing AMSOIL motor oils with other oils, however, will shorten the oil life expectancy and reduce the performance benefits. AMSOIL does not support extended drain intervals where oils have been mixed. Aftermarket oil additives are <SPAN class=style1><FONT color=#ff0000>not recommended</FONT></SPAN> for use with AMSOIL motor oils.</FONT></P>

notlaw

Can't beat the Amsoil. It is the first and original synthetic oil, all others have followed. Used to be a dealer. They are on their game. Use it in most of the toys here and soon in the O.B.

baldwinkw

<FONT face=Tahoma>Hiya all,'</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Tahoma>I have not yet got enough hours for my first oil change. However I have two diesel trucks both ford and dodge and I run amsoil in both. This oil has provided excellent service and is much better than any regular oil for cold weather starts. I have had no problems in any of my engines and have over 200,000 miles. I figure once broken in I will used the same synthetic oil in my RTV engine. Based on other threads I will likely stick with OEM oils in the transmission. </FONT></P>

<FONT face=Tahoma>Hope you all are having a great year. Keep up the great information on this forum.</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Tahoma>Regards</FONT></P>