Egg Frying Temperatures

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Peak temperature on the east side of the house under the protection of the porch was 108.3 degrees-F today.

I speculate that eggs would've fried on black pavement today.

Everyone, PLEASE take care of yourself and others during these hot times. If you must work in these extreme temperatures, please hydrate, slow down, dress appropriately, and quit early. If not, find a cool spot and pray for relief. Heat exhausting creeps up fast, speaking from experience, And don't forget our animals that we maintain.

It is pleasing that some of you have received needed rainfall. If the weather forecasters are right (Ha!), things are going to get worse here in Arkansas before better. The good Lord never said things would always be grand and easy. Gotta keep the FAITH.

God Bless Each of You,

Philip

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
yea it's been a hot one so far yesterday at 5 oclock we still had a heat index of 110. i done a few things in the yard in the past week or so but i have to come inside every few minutes to cool off. i rather the heat than the cold because of my neck and back problems .

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hit and miss up here in the north. Past couple days have been beautiful and in the 70's.

We get some spells where it's near 90. Don't like those...

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Extended forecast here has us at 103 on Friday and in the 90's most days through the 4th.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
It was so hot down at the Walmart that Tommy's sister baked cookies while she shopped!

Attachments

• hot cookies.jpg
    hot cookies.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 108

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Must be she ate a few too many of those chocolate chips while she was mixing them!

Attachments

• brown squirt!.jpg
    brown squirt!.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 110

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
looks like her butt has a crack in it and it's leaking better head to plumbing section befoe they leave.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Out under the gazebo just now at 3 PM eastern in NW Ga...The Gazebo is off the back deck, in full shade and about 12' off the ground.......It's 98 with MORE to follow through the fourth.

No rain now in the last 3 weeks and none it looks like coming to help out. The drought continues for going on 9 summers now. May as well quit calling it a drought and just "normal" to be hot and DRY in the summers in Georgia.

For me, it's make sure the drip hoses are down in the garden, fresh water for the goats each day, a swimming pool for the pasture guard dogs, and making sure the porch dogs have fresh clean water. I do need to give all the dogs a haircut if this continues another week or so............DONT FORGET THE BIRDS..........God bless.....Dennis

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
They banned all water withdrawals from creeks and rivers up here. Pretty much shuts down the fracking of the gas wells and puts a lot of drivers out of work till we get some rain. Crops are starting to show real stress from the dry weather. Two of my neighbors had to move cattle since the creeks dried up to nothing. Even the big streams are more rock than water right now.

kfarm

Was up to 107 on the farm today, but a cold front is on the way and we might get down to 97 on Monday:dancing:

Heatwave

108° in Trussville, Alabama, yesterday … where we were treated to an outdoor wedding. My wife’s nephew. Terrific planning. Outdoor wedding on 4th of July weekend. Absolutely terrific planning. I married into a family of geniuses.:wink:

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
all the rain has come to a stop around here and the garden is drying up .i don't know if it's worth watering at the end of the day or just going to the store and buying my vegies.it has been very hot down here it hasn't broken the 100 mark yet but down here when it hits 95 or higher and you got 100%humidity it gets really hot. i go outside and do a few things and within 5 minutes i'm soaked with sweat. i cut down all outside stuff til around 3 or 4 o clock it's not really cool at that time but atleast i can get some shade from all the trees.i just finished re running my waterline it was connected to the neighbors fence .last year i had a bad water leak so i ran it above ground til i could get all the roots out of the way .

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Cold snap today, only reached 104.5F today following 109 & 110F days. Still no rain. Gonna start feeding hay in a few days and I only have ~45 4x5 round bales. It reaaly feeling like a severe herd reduction at best. Worst I've seen it

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
it's gonna be real bad year for everyone we still got a month to go before we get to the hottest part of summer.