Had a go on one of these, gotta get one now!

Mith

Had the opporunity to have a go on one of these crawlers. From what I read its about 70 years old, but works just fine.
Pretty darn good fun to drive that's for sure! Didnt take me long to realise that I just had to have one! :D

26-07-07_1113.jpg

Mark777

OK now....I've looked at this picture 10 times (at least), is this an actual crawler? I've seen some small ones, but this looks like a finely detailed model or toy...no disrespect intended ;) .

This is the smallest one I've seen so far...

Attachments

• tiny crawler.jpg
    tiny crawler.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 159

Mith

Bone, think its built in the UK. Probably weights about 1000++ pounds.

Mark, its about 3' high to the top of the engine, and about 6-7' long. I assure you its an actual crawler, I drove it myself!
Its a Ransomes MG2 if you care to do a google search.

Mark777

LOL...I apologize Mith,

It's these tired old eyes.....

You see, at first I somehow thought you actually posted a picture of a toy! And then I was waiting for a punch line, like several plastic miniature green Army men strategically place in and around the crawler. Probably because when I was a kid, I had a toy tank that you wound up that looks surprisingly similar to your genuine crawler.

Mark

Mith

Mark, I'll agree its hard to find a scale in the picture, roughly about the same size as a garden tractor.

Bone, could do with one of them to drive around in the mud. A bit pricey thought eh?!