Grizzly Tent Sale June 7

Erik

for any tool addicts out there - the Springfield, Mo Grizzly Industrial Tools Scratch & Dent Tent sale is Saturday, June 7. Anyone else planning on going?

N

Nicahawk

Not going but would love to.........I have a bandsaw from them and I just love it.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I never heard of them, but wonder if they have any online offerings?

Erik

LOTS!

http://www.grizzlyindustrial.com/

and they do both kinds of tools - wood and metal working...
(I just drool over their gunsmith lathe - and there are a couple of fabrication shops in wichita making aircraft parts that use their CNC machinery instead of spending 2 or 3 times the $$ for "name brand")

zionview

Tent Sale

I'm only an hour+ away from the Grizzly Store in Muncy, PA. We went to a tent sale a couple years ago. Just beware that some of the stuff is there for a reason. I was in the market for a bench grinder. There was one on hand for $19. The tag indicated it neede $10-15 in parrts. We went into the store and bought a brand new one for less than $30. A friend bought a lathe/milling machine in March at this year's tent sale, and hasn't got the wiring figured out yet, even with many phone calls to the Grizzly experts. I'm sure there are great buys there, but I get a little leary with used stuff.

Erik

you're right -- a lot of the stuff in the scratch & dent tent is junk, if you're not there in line 4 hours before they open.
On the other hand, a couple years ago I picked up a "scuffed" butcher block maple bench top for $100, which was half price and the scuff isn't even noticeable at this point. I've also picked up boxes of scrap exotics for the wife to play with on her lathe for about $.10 on the dollar compared to what she had been paying at a woodworking store. Most of what i go for are the free magazines and the vendor sales -- 2 years ago I picked up a DeWalt 6 piece 18v cordless set and 2 extra batteries for less than $500 - when the same 6 piece set was $700+ at my local Lowe's.

zionview

Maybe I'll have to go back. There wasn't any outside vendors when I went. My son makes pens on his Grizzly lathe, and $.10 on a dollar for exotics would get him there, too!

Erik

if I see any of the $5 boxes you want me to pick one up? another option - if he's got a "Woodcraft" store anywhere near him, is their "pen blank grab bag" 5 pounds of misc. species in the $10-20 range. (don't have my sale flier to reference)

zionview

No thanks. He just got married and I doubt if he even knows what color the bedroom ceiling is yet, let alone get back in the shop.