RTV X1100C

blackshirej

My boss just purchased a new RTV X1100C and is trying to figure out how to disable or at least greatly reduce the dynamic braking on it.

The dealer says there is an external adjustment on this one but has reduced it as far as they're willing to go stating it's a liability issue (why it would be a liability issue when the machine is equipped with a perfectly functional brake is beyond me) and they're afraid it will lose power in reverse.

My boss currently has an RTV 1100 that is approx 2 years old and another dealer came out and swapped a valve on it in about 5 minutes which practically eliminated the dynamic braking and aside from the top speed being extremely slow compared to our John Deere Gators, it's been just about perfect.

Is there a similar valve that could be swapped in the X1100C? Can anyone direct me to info on swapping these valves/making the adjustments or is there nothing out there on them currently?

Thanks!

King

I would buy the manual on it and just adjust it yourself. If the dealer says it will affect reverse power just adjust it until you feel it is right and see how it does it reverse. How does he like it compared to the older model does it ride any better any other differences that he has noticed beside not liking the braking of the engine and transmission .

blackshirej

Thanks for the reply...as far as preference, he actually hasn't picked it up from the dealer just yet. Having some options added to make it like his current one (wheels, work lights, turn signals, etc), but his first impressions are it's a bit louder inside, bed is a little smaller, shifts easier with the two gears, and the seats are more comfortable. Parking brake relocation is nice as well as you no longer get hung up on it entering and exiting the vehicle. It idles higher but also seems to accelerate a bit faster--same top speed but gets there a lot faster. Overall, he thinks the build quality on the 1100 is better, but he really wanted the seats the new one has to offer and the relocated parking brake. Time will tell which he ends up liking better--I'll be hanging on to the old one for plowing snow so we'll be able to do a lot of side-by-side comparisons in the near future.

King

that's all great information. I have been thinking about selling my rtv and getting one of the new ones . keep us updated thanks