NH 310 baler, How much $$$$ for one?

Marshall

I have a fellow that I know down the road that has a New Holland 310 that he does not use. Hasn't used it since the second year after he bought it. He told me that there have been around 3000 bales of grass through it and about 1000 bales of straw through it.

I went over and looked at it and it has been under the shelter with equipment stacked all around it for several years. I turned the PTO by hand and everything is free and moving very smooth. All the gears on it look very tight.

What should I expect to pay for this older baler. It looks to be in very good condition. The only thing that I see obviously wrong is that one of the tires is flat. I estimate the baler has sat under the shelter for at least 25 years.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

Marshall

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Did he tell you how much he paid for it or give you any idea of what he would sell it for? I googled and did not find prices. But since it is around 30 years old, book price does not mean a whole lot. I suspect you could pick it up cheap, and I understand you are asking for a ballpark fair price. Wish I could give you a straight answer but so far I have not found any worthwhile numbers to pass on. I will keep looking and maybe get lucky. :D

Marshall

I got the baler, I need an owners manual.

The owners manual was in the little tool box just past the flywheel. The owners manual is toast. It was totalled sitting in that box unprotected all those 25 years.

Does anybody out there have this owners manual on a file program or a disc that can email it to me?

I also have a question. The shear bolt on the timing mechanism was replaced prior to my getting it with a metric size 5 bolt I believe. It is loose. I got the size that just fits in the hole, I think it was a 6. The bolt is a grade 5 bolt. Is this ok for replacing the missing shear bolt? I dont have any literature on this and I dont want to mess something up by putting the wrong bolt in there.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks,

Marshall

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
Marshall, you didn't say where you are from, but the New Holland/CaseIH dealership I've been working for this summer has a stock of manuals in a back room. Your dealer may also, or you can PM me.

Fred

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Marshall,
I found an Operators Manual on New Holland's site for a 310 Hayliner

click here and search on Publication # 42031012. $19.23 probably plus shipping.

B

bczoom

In very good condition, it's probably worth $5000

Mediocre shape but still on good working condition (mainly the knotters), about $2500.

I don't think you would want to put a grade-5 bolt in a shear condition. I'd start with something lighter. If the lighter one shears too often (and there's no good reason for it to shear), then I'd put in the grade 5. We just use the cheap bolts from tractor supply. They don't shear unless it was really needed.