Ford 1520 stopped moving

mwiz

I am new to the compact tractor world so forgive my ignorance. My 1520 hydro drive was running fine then then trans just stopped working. No forward, no reverse, no backhoe. Gearshift moves freely without clutch now also. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Kanook

Just a guess on my part as my tractor is of the orange variety .... but could it be something as simple as the lever that (or what ever ford uses) that disengages the transmission so that you can tow the tractor is engaged? That is the way one of my past machines would have behaved if this lever were activated. I'm sure some Ford users may come up with something.....Good luck and let us know the outcome....

BTW....Welcome to forum

mwiz

Thanks for the suggestion and the welcome, I don't think its the towing bypass because it went out as I was driving. But I will double check.

rj's barn

have you pulled the shifter cover? sounds like the shift fork came loose from its stays on the shifter rods. just a guess.

mwiz

No towing bypass, all shifted rods connected.. no movement and no PTO. Seems as if clutch is engaged.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Have you checked all your fluid levels?

Welcome to NTT. :thumb: :tiphat: :clap:

rj's barn

If the throwout bearing turns out to be the problem you'll have to split the tractor to get to it if its built anything like the one I had. You wouldnt have to dismantle the tranny case unless you shelled a gear or split a keyway or busted a shaft.