Pair blue tooth every time I restart my RTV

Loyalpoke

I have a Kicker KMC2 radio that is marine grade and fits in my drink holder hole. Look on Kickers website, it is cheap and works well for this application.

I believe the problem I have would be the same with any radio or source unit. There is so much draw on the electrical system when the starter engages that it interrupts the power to everything else, including the radio.

So what drives me nuts is that as I'm using the RTV on the farm I am constantly killing it and restarting. My source unit or radio is wired directly to the battery ( yes I have to remember to turn it off when its not in use). Every time I restart the engine, radio power goes off temporarily and it kicks off my bluetooth. I have to go back to my phone to pair it again. This get very old in a hurry. If I'm listening to the radio, it comes right back on. Again, it is wired directly to the battery trying to prevent this from happening with no success.

Any ideas?

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
What size wire to the battery did you use?

Did you run the ground wire to the battery too?

Jim

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That would upset anyone. I have the Kicker KMC10 in my Honda Pioneer hooked into the switched power source, so when the key is off the power to the radio is off. I only had to pair the phone to the radio BT once, it stays paired.

To me is sounds like a defective Kicker KMC2.

Loyalpoke

Jim, I used a big wire, not sure what size but ~1/8" of copper. I didn't think to ground direct to battery. I'll try it. Thanks