Ford 1700 Hydraulic problems

wonl2

Hello Forum Members, I bought a Ford 1700 tractor with 550 hours on the meter. It has been sitting for around 10 years per sellers family. The engine started up fairly easy and runs great. The problem I have is that the hydraulics work maybe for the first 5 minutes then stops. The front end loader and 3 point stops working. I still can drive it though. I drained the hydraulic fluid and cleaned the screen. The oil was a "milky white" and the screen needed to be cleaned. New oil was placed into the reservoir and the hydraulic system seemed to work great. My excitement came crashing down about tem minutes later when the same problem came back. I bought a 5000 psi gauge and installed it in the port that's next to the knob that controls the 3pt speed. There was no pressure and only a very small amount of fluid trickled out of the hole when the plug was removed (even with the engine running). I thought that the screen was dirty from all the years of sitting so I drained the fluid and cleaned the screen again. The screen was a little dirty and the fluid was still slightly milky. New oil was added to proper capacity. Now the hydraulics don't even work at all when the tractor is started. Sorry for the long story but I wanted all details described. Thanks for helping!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I agree with Thunder about the hyd filter. It does sound like something is blocked or hydraulic oil should flow out that plug hole?