135 diverter valve problem.

whiskerydick

Trying to fit a diverter valve on to the two bolt outlet plate area on top of the g. box.Took plate off and oil pipe came up enough to stop the new valve going down flush on top of box. It won't come out and won't go down.Iv'e wriggled it to find it's seating hole to no avail.I took the P.T.O. plate off at the other side hoping to look across and see what was wrong but can't see anything for shafts and cogs et. Hope I don't need to take the g. box top off! Any suggestions? Regards. Colin.

whiskerydick

Cracked it.Fiddled with a long rod down the oil pipe and found the hole in the pump.Used a ring spanner on the very short bit of projecting oil pipe to get some directional leverage until it felt central and gave it a gentle tap with a hammer shaft and in it went. Still can't understand why it wouldn't come out though.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good job Whiskerydick, and thanks so much for updating what it was. Sorry I did not catch your original post to at least welcome you to our forums. I'm glad you found us. Stick around and solve some of our other members problems or give us a chance at your next issue. Hopefully we can help.