Bed creep

Tsunamibob

About a month ago rustyshakelford talked about bed creep in his lighting thread. I had this same problem with our X1100C with a sprayer in the back. After going round and round with the local dealer we came up with putting an electronic hydraulic stop valve in-line between the outlet at the top of the ram and the return. Attacked are a few pics.

Bob

Attachments

• IMG_2872.jpg
    IMG_2872.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_2873.jpg
    IMG_2873.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_2871.jpg
    IMG_2871.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 229

Tsunamibob

It worked all spray season. This is a fix! All you need to remember is to turn off the switch or the battery dies after a few days

Tsunamibob

The dealer did the work so it was expensive. About $325.00. If you buy the valve on amazon, it’s about $130 plus the hose

CKing

I have question, the lift handle has four position up, neutral, down and float. So are you having a creep problem in neutral? If so that would mean the valve or piston is leaking, which would mean a warranty replacement?

The manual talks about adjusting the cable link and handle latch door. Supposedly there is dent that will hold valve handle in the float position. Then make the cable sheath is locked to it stay point. Then adjust the linkage length so handle is in the float position. Then move the handle to the neutral position and loosen screws and adjust the latch door to hold the handle in the neutral position. If creeps in neutral bad valve or cylinder.

I have question, the lift handle has four position up, neutral, down and float. So are you having a creep problem in neutral? If so that would mean the valve or piston is leaking, which would mean a warranty replacement?

The manual talks about adjusting the cable link and handle latch door. Supposedly there is dent that will hold valve handle in the float position. Then make the cable sheath is locked to it stay point. Then adjust the linkage length so handle is in the float position. Then move the handle to the neutral position and loosen screws and adjust the latch door to hold the handle in the neutral position. If creeps in neutral bad valve or cylinder.

He went thru all that. I have this problem too with my sprayer or just sitting on the tailgate. I’m not huge but not tiny either at 5’10” and 207 lbs and that’s all it takes. Dealer will be testing the valve and cylinder when I carry it up to them. I’ll prolly end up doing something similar but maybe with an in-line 1/4 turn valve. Since that fixed his I would assume it’s in the valve and not cylinder.

Brett

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
this is an example of the hydraulic selector valve i used on my truck to lift the bed and lock it up and then continue to use the circuit to control the hydraulic auger. works great for that application. you could install one of these under the bed and when the bed is locked you could use another set of hydraulic remotes to control the boom on your sprayer or any other attachment.

CKing

He went thru all that. I have this problem too with my sprayer or just sitting on the tailgate. I’m not huge but not tiny either at 5’10” and 207 lbs and that’s all it takes. Dealer will be testing the valve and cylinder when I carry it up to them. I’ll prolly end up doing something similar but maybe with an in-line 1/4 turn valve. Since that fixed his I would assume it’s in the valve and not cylinder.

Brett

The valve is repairable, I checked mine today put three cases of oil at the rear and drove it around for 15 miles nothing happen. Put it in float, and it came up with one hand moved it half way and locked it and stayed put.

So if new unit make them fix or replace valve, why fiddle with an extra valve. You guys are awful nice to bad service shops.

The valve is repairable, I checked mine today put three cases of oil at the rear and drove it around for 15 miles nothing happen. Put it in float, and it came up with one hand moved it half way and locked it and stayed put.

So if new unit make them fix or replace valve, why fiddle with an extra valve. You guys are awful nice to bad service shops.

He had the dealer go thru all that. We have been pm back and forth about this. His sprayer is considerably heavier than mine too. I’m going to give the shop a chancw to fix this but don’t consider it mission critical and won’t be without my buggy for a long period of time while they screw with it. Adding a valve would be cheap insurance. I’ve already had my sprayer barely held in the bed by the strap. If something had happened to it, it would’ve been costly.

Brett

Tsunamibob

We did take the unit to the dealer and they talked to Kubota. Kubota said that the hydraulics on the side by sides are not made to the specifications that would keep the bed stable in the neutral position. Believe me... we did not want to spend any more money on the unit.

CKing

So how much weight are you putting in the bed? Its rated for 1600# load. I can post what Shop manual says. Also pics of the valve breakdown. So to you think it weight related? Does it creep with a light load?

Tsunamibob

The sprayer weighs about 225 empty. The boom is behind the bed by about 14". I know that there is a lot of leverage (boom is about 75#) but there is creep with the sprayer empty. It actually gets better with the tank full. Under normal circumstances we start with the tank at 75-80 gallons because we know that were close to the weight limit of the unit. We only spray with a full tank on level and smooth fields.

CKing

After thinking about this some more I would check the adjustments, and rather than fiddle pressure I put in the electric valve. However just sitting on the tailgate should cause creep, but those large sprayers have allot of overhang. I'm going to sit on mine, That will a large overhang!

After thinking about this some more I would check the adjustments, and rather than fiddle pressure I put in the electric valve. However just sitting on the tailgate should cause creep, but those large sprayers have allot of overhang. I'm going to sit on mine, That will a large overhang!

I weigh about 207 when I sit on the tailgate it’ll creep after several minutes. The higher it goes, the faster it raises. That was my primary concern since that shouldn’t be happening. Then added the sprayer and it did it again, boom on and it was constant. Had to leave water in the tank which I don’t want to have to do.

I’ll update when I go to the dealer

Brett

Lee1935

We did take the unit to the dealer and they talked to Kubota. Kubota said that the hydraulics on the side by sides are not made to the specifications that would keep the bed stable in the neutral position. Believe me... we did not want to spend any more money on the unit.

As more and more Kubota owners are saying Kubota needs to fix all known problems or get out of the side by side business.

I bought mine new early last fall, if I had been aware of all of the mechanical problems I would have bought a Kioti at 20 percent less money :-(