RTV900x ROPS Removal

mkc1962

YES....I all to well know the daily risks of living..I long haul cross country Motorcycle ride for near 40 years....yes I know risk.

This topic was not about liability or risk, it was about Could the top be removed if someone wanted to. There are many options out there and until I have this thing hands on and can personally assess each option no way to say what I will or wont do.
I really don't even need this thing at the moment. But as I am retiring in a few years wanted to get it and have it paid for by that time. For the most part here in AL it will stay in that Trailer 365 a year and only occasionally be removed just to run it some around our nearly very flat property. If I even decide to take it to our place in the mountains, it would only be to drive up and down our nice,flat, graveled mountain driveway. When I resort to drivingit daily, it wont be stored and the rops will stay on it.

This is about a way to store the unit I really want to buy, until said time comes I will use it on a daily. It will be stored in my brand new, tallest available on the market enclosed trailer. If it takes removing the ROPS to make that happen, all I wanted to know was, is it possible.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
maybe you could persuade a dealer to sell you one still in the crate or at least leave the rops un assembled?

mkc1962

Aurthur,

Would be a sweet deal. But doubt they would due to liability. The dealership Ive dealt with for the last 25 years, has recently gotten new younger sales staff due to retirements. The one I talked to, swore up and down the thing was welded and to quote "couldnt be removed short of using a metabo".....were it not for the fact ive dealt with with them for so long, and no other southern dealers come close to the pricing they sell units for, I'd go elsewhere and try....at least I now know all the details of the situation. I just gotta make time to go look one more time, make sure on all specs I want and order....hopefully next few weeks.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
MKC1962, I sure hope you get a deal and are able to take it home with you. My RTV is indispensable and makes my work life so much more enjoyable here on the farm.. In fact, I couldn't make it without it. :tiphat: collie

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Aurthur,

Would be a sweet deal. But doubt they would due to liability. The dealership Ive dealt with for the last 25 years, has recently gotten new younger sales staff due to retirements. The one I talked to, swore up and down the thing was welded and to quote "couldnt be removed short of using a metabo".....were it not for the fact ive dealt with with them for so long, and no other southern dealers come close to the pricing they sell units for, I'd go elsewhere and try....at least I now know all the details of the situation. I just gotta make time to go look one more time, make sure on all specs I want and order....hopefully next few weeks.

yea that sounds about right. well anyway i think you have got it figured out good enough so there won't be any surprises after you buy. i hope you get a good deal and hope you enjoy yours as much as i do mine.:blob_blue:

mkc1962

Thanks for all the input that has without doubt helped me decide. I look fwd to the acquisition. Ive been debating and shopping for a few years now, just wanted to make sure I had all the info before taking the plunge...

Although I have been a long time Kubota Tractor owner (zero problems in 25 years) we use these rtv's at my work place. I have seen them abused and very poorly maintained for 20+ years....yet they still run and do their job....they gotta be good to still hang in there after all the abuse they are given here....thinking a well maintained diesel will last me the rest of my days.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
you are welcome. they are really well designed little machines and simple in their construction. one thing i think all of them suffer from is lack of adjustment to the HST and engine linkages. i am amazed how much better mine performs and all i did was adjust it to factory spec.

mkc1962

I had similar with my L3200 HST. I removed the linkages to install a set of floor mats, going back realized there were a bit out of sync, so set back based on fsm spec...yes improved its performance.