Howdy

billbill1

Just joined, hadn't heard of it until I read about one of Brandi's posts in another forum. Good to see some familiar faces and some fellow Kansans. I live in the country, between Topeka and Lawrence. 2 miles from Lecompton and the Kansas River. The wife and I fish (lots) and do a huge garden (for 2 people) We have 3 grown children, daughter (39) and 2 sons (36 and 30):tiphat:. 2 small grandsons in Houston, Tx. They are 3 and 8 months, we love them dearly and wish they were much closer.

N

Nicahawk

Welcome billbill1.:tiphat: Glad you found us, and like you said it's nice to see another Kansan.
icon10.gif

I moved here from Topeka so I'm familiar with your area. Several folks here have gardens, so tell us some more and post some pictures when you have time.

We like tractor pictures too! :rolleyes: And grandkids!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Bill, welcome to NTT! I'm glad you found us. Did the severe weather give you much trouble this past week? We had our share but no tornados touched down.
My daughter is moving further away later this month. To Chicago for a promotion her husband got. So then she'll be 8 hours away instead of 2. I know what you mean about wishing they were closer, and hate the thought of them moving even further away. We want the best for them but hate to see them go. :pat:

billbill1

No we didn't have the real bad weather, quite a bit of rain and some wind but no damage. Thank you for the welcome.

Erik

good to see you here, too, neighbor!
(we lost a couple of trees in the Sunday afternoon storms.)

vansimplement

Hey Bill - I haven't been here long myself but it's been a nice place to hang out. I was actually through your part of Kansas just this weekend for an archery shoot south of Topeka.... got to visit a few friends in Lawrence on the way so it was a nice trip. I DID hit the storms when I was driving back north - St. Joseph, MO was getting hit hard when I was going through.

Erik

Van, i was losing tress about the time you hit the storm in st jo i suspect. I'm about 20 miles N of Topeka where Bill is about 15 E of town.

how was the shoot? I didnt know they still had any archery competitions here since the 2 supplies shops I knew of closed.

billbill1

If you drove to Topeka on I-70, you came within 1 mile of me. I don't have many trees to be damaged, only 3 larger trees out in the yard. I have trees on the edges of the property though. A good friend of mine (Larry Gonzales) was the state champion archer about 20 years ago, but I know nothing about it myself.

vansimplement

Yup, I drove in on I-70. There's an archery club, "T.H.E. Archery Club" I think is the name, that owns land south on old 75 just before the Wakarusa River - it's tucked in behind the roadside park there. The shoot this weekend was "traditional archery" only (longbows, recurves, and hand-made bows). They give prizes for high scores each day, but overall it's a pretty laid back event so it's hard to think of it as a competition. Fun event though - amazingly friendly folks.

Erik

sounds like a blast.
I used to do some of that with a recurve bow -- most of the archers i knew back then were great folks to be around.

Bindian

Just joined, hadn't heard of it until I read about one of Brandi's posts in another forum. Good to see some familiar faces and some fellow Kansans. I live in the country, between Topeka and Lawrence. 2 miles from Lecompton and the Kansas River. The wife and I fish (lots) and do a huge garden (for 2 people) We have 3 grown children, daughter (39) and 2 sons (36 and 30):tiphat:. 2 small grandsons in Houston, Tx. They are 3 and 8 months, we love them dearly and wish they were much closer.
Billbill1,:wave:
Well, look what the dog drug up and the cat didn't eat.:wink: Glad to see you finally found us. How about showing us a photo or two of your tractor?:nopics:
hugs, Brandi

Bindian

Thanks Bill.:tiphat: Now I remember who had the round top barn!:cool: I like the red and white trim on your wheel and hub.
hugs, Brandi