Introduction post

I'm a member of some other tractor fora, and have tagged along following some other members, largely in the Yanmar forum. I look forward to learning here.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Welcome aboard! It's good to see you here.

Everybody, 284 is a REAL tractor enthusiast. Yanmar, Kubota, International, Mitsubishi - did I get that right? Any more today? :mrgreen:

Here's some stuff I posted here that doesn't duplicate posts you have already seen:

My orchard

Yanmar Air filters. (yes, they are proprietary).

Antique tractors - California State Fair 1997 and an 80 year old Caterpillar60 that an equally old guy last brought to the Fair in 2002. My grandfather had a similar Yuba Crawler back in the day, a real monster. I'll see if I can find the picture I have somewhere.

Here's one that Yanmar Guru Mark started. Aside from this thread :bash:, I listen when he talks. He's seen it all.

And way too many pictures of a stupid loud peacock who moved in here uninvited in 2009 and never left. He must be an abandoned pet - he follows us everywhere.

I know you have some good photos! Care to post some?

And again, welcome!

Thanks for the welcome. I'll get some photos up tomorrow. I really like the Caterpillar 60. A great uncle had one, and I never got to see it run, though apparently it did, along with an old steam traction engine and other assorted things.

The loud peacock comment spurred some memories: When I was young, a house diagonal to us raised show peacocks or something. Their cries, or calls, or whatever you would call them would set their goat off. It sounded like a day care center being drug through a cactus patch. They were eerily close to human children, and so was the goat. I was not sad to see them move!

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
When I was young, a house diagonal to us raised show peacocks or something. Their cries, or calls, or whatever you would call them would set their goat off. It sounded like a day care center being drug through a cactus patch. They were eerily close to human children, and so was the goat.
Last night here was nuts.

First a lonesome coyote howl then the peacock let out a bleat of fear (from safely high in a tree). Sounded kind of like a terrified child. Then suddenly 50 ?? coyotes all howling and barking for a minute.

I set my camera on 'record video' and went out on the porch. I need to see if I caught any of that racket as an audio recording.