Installing 3rd function kit JD 5045D 512 Loader

Baronske

I Need Help please! I bought a root grapple and a 3rd function kit. I can see all the ports on the 3rd function kit but do not know how to figure out which hoses on my existing valve go where. The instructions are horrible. I called John Deere and they said "bring it in and we can do it", for about $ 500.00.

I just need to know where my existing hoses go so that I know which one to unscrew and connect to the 3rd function kit valve. I have 7 hoses now. 4 are going to the front end loader. John Deere says there are no schematics online for me to find. NOT HELPFUL AT ALL!

Any ideas? THanks in advance!

urednecku

1st, welcome to the forum.
2nd, like Sponge-bob says....."goodluckwiththat!!"

On the serious side, I have no clue, but somebody else might be by later that might know, or at least know where to find the answer. When I purchased my 'Bota, I was able to have the dealer add that feature on for me, figured it was $$ well spent. If something got messed up they would be the one to pay for it.
Are there any hydraulic shops near you? Might be able to get them to do it, or stop by to look @ it & give you some help on what goes where.
GOOD LUCK!!

jd110

Do you have the kit number for the third function kit? Or the instruction number off of your instructions? I tried looking for the kit and didn't see one listed for your model. If I have your numbers I can check to see if it is correct for your model. Maybe can find some updated instructions.