What did you do today with your RTV?

Mark.Sibole

....Same here...looks like we're heading for the plus side of Zero..Break out the T-shirt and shorts.

LOL I know the feeling.Its been just plain miserable here in northern Michigan.
Every night I go to bed and pray for spring and 3 feet of snow falling on Bordercollie lol.

Kanook

Here too. Going swimming under the skating pond, but not with the RTV like someone else on this forum..:shitHitsFan:

Thought he was just giving it a 'power wash'.

As far as wishing snow on the innocent...think Twoguns and Peanut ought to experience the pleasures of northern living.

cpsseals

Kanook; said:
As far as wishing snow on the innocent...think Twoguns and Peanut ought to experience the pleasures of northern living.

Fore sure, no bugs or gators to deal with and the snakes are all sleeping too.

Mark.Sibole

Originally Posted by cpsseals View Post
Here too. Going swimming under the skating pond, but not with the RTV like someone else on this forum.. LOL and I thoiught I was the evil one here lmao

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
LOL I know the feeling.Its been just plain miserable here in northern Michigan.
Every night I go to bed and pray for spring and 3 feet of snow falling on Bordercollie lol.

Aww Mark, It is just so warm here today also. I had to leave my coat in the house. It is T shirt weather today... Worked in the garden getting it ready and built up a sweat.. - I still love all of ya'll too - as long as ya'll keep that cold stuff up there and off my head and out of the feed troughs. Remember how bad our summers are...... I'll return the favor..
Seriously, Ya'll be careful out there . The radar looks awful for ya'll. bordercollie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's a balmy 12 degrees here now. That's the warmest it's been all week.

Ya'll be careful out there . The radar looks
Daughter got home from school a little early since the roads are getting progressively worse. Mrs. Zoom just called and they let her out as well. Son is staying late at the school (and now I'm a bit surprised they kept the event going) so I'll have to get him later. Then I need to go to the Church for about 4 hours to set up the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby that's happening tomorrow morning. Glad I didn't take all the bags of weight out of the bed of the truck which I almost did yesterday.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
We are up to 10 and snowing pretty good. Should get another inch or 2 before it ends late tonight. We have not broke 15 all week up here. At least the wind is not howling.

Mark.Sibole

If I can get off my laxy azz today ill take some pics of some of the new additions to the RTV in lights.Ive been actually trying to do it for a week or so but something always seems to come up.Have a great Sunday!

cpsseals

Cleared the skating pond with the RTV then the neighbors came over with their 4 young children and skated till an hour after dark. The RTV supplied the lights and the platform for a great tailgate party where we baptized the tailgate with hot chocolate.
The Kub trucked all the chairs, food, drinks, skates and firewood. First time we used it for a recreational vehicle.

Might have to mount some exterior speakers on detachable wires for skating tunes...

Attachments

• IMG_2875.jpg
    IMG_2875.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 225

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
We are up to 10 and snowing pretty good. Should get another inch or 2 before it ends late tonight. We have not broke 15 all week up here. At least the wind is not howling.

I wish I could share this with ya'll. This is unusual for us too- at least for this time of the year.. A week ago, we were freezing... bordercollie

Settings
Flora, MS, United States7 days »
64° at 8:55 pm
more...
Today
--° | 57°
Monday
75° | 62°
Tuesday
77° | 54°
Weather NewsAll »
Monday's Weather Outlook
Ice Storm Glazing Midwest, Heading East Tonight
47 U.S. States Report Widespread Flu

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The Kub trucked all the chairs, food, drinks, skates and firewood. First time we used it for a recreational vehicle.

Might have to mount some exterior speakers on detachable wires for skating tunes...
Do you have a tub sled? They're great for hauling items to the site. They also work great as a riding sled for the kids just going down the hills.

On the exterior speakers... I've found it's just better to get and use a boom box with iPod or iPhone connection. "Guests" (and my kids) all seem to have their own taste of music which doesn't seem to be the same as my 30-year-old choices in either country or rock music.

I'm thinking of getting one of these.
41oHhrUDbbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/IPA16-ROCKER-Portable-Speaker-System/dp/B004YHTNV2[/ame]
AM/FM, iPod/Pad/Phone, runs for 12 hours on its own battery. The one I looked at also had a microphone for karaoke.

Check around for best pricing.

• Great PA sound system for parties, BBQs, events & more
  • Powerful sound output, high fidelity two-way speaker system
  • Built-in battery for 12 hours of use from single charge
  • Built in AM/FM radio with digital tuner
  • Playback and charging for your iPod
  • Built-In Digital Am/Fm Radio
  • Built-In Battery For 12 Hours Of Use From Single Charge

Mark.Sibole

Plowed 10 inches of the heavy wet snow.I think 1 more degree band it would have been water.Half way through I heard a big snap grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Plow frame snaped right in half.1/4 inch steel snaped like a twig. Hobbled it into the garage tore it down welded it back together and finished plowing.Now its supposed to hit 50 here tomorrow then the bottom fall out again.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I fired up the RTV and hauled trash up to the road. 400ft or so. Works great for this chore. I used to fire up my Silverado for this task, now she gets a break.

razerface

I went out and sat in it and played with my new strobe light like a little kid for about an hour. I drove down the road and flashed it in the neighbors windows, so they knew I got it done,,,just wasting diesel

Spent about 20 minutes driving around in 1st gear to wear the gears for my 50hr service,,,,,I rarely use 1st.

Mark.Sibole

Good Morning all.Im sitting in the garage and gave my RTV strict orders to clean and wash itself and do a full fluid change.Im waiting for something to happen now.Ill let you know if it listens to me or plays Politition and just sit there doing nothing.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Walked past mine to feed the chickens. Will probably do a trash run this week as it warms up a little.