RTV Gun Carry....What to use?

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
TwoGuns, seems as though the width between the side ROPS bars would limit the length of firearm placed in the Big Sky gun racks. Your thoughts and experience?

No problem what so ever !!!
We usally carry two big rifles. Both custom built & heavy. Bull barrels and full lenth. Of course, with 50mm Leupold scopes.
Then, there is the .204 Ruger or 22-250 that rides behind our heads in a
"sleave cased" carrier.

Would suggest, if you hunt and want your rifle out of the way until needed.
Install the Big Sky rack. Want rifle, just reach up and grab. Just that simple !!!!

........... two guns

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
As to whether or not a rifle will fit between the ROPS with a "Big Sky"..........Check out post #12:

http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14304

Jamie has some comments about the rack and fitment also in the beginning of the thread. Actually, for the care and carrying of a rifle or shotgun in the RTV, this is a pretty good thread.....................

My question is whether or not to use the Mauser or not, trade it, sell it (which I hate to do as a FRIEND gave it to me, which means forever), or just store it away. I get LOTS of surplus 30.06 from CMP at a great price.........my order from them for .22 is going on a year now for a case..........So, I dont mind at all using LOTS of 30.06 in my Garrand or this Mauser to zero or just plink...........

Golly, I truly did not know that Canada, N.S., is so weapon restrictive.........hmmmmm wondering how the drug culture/murder rate/robbery rate is in a city like Montreal, Quebec, or Toronto??????????.................God bless........Dennis

BaiJiu

For a small city like Halifax the violent crime rate is really bad, mostly drug related but the culture is rubbing off, there are shootings and stabbings just about daily, many that result in fatalities, there are quite a number of drive by shootings, thankfully most of those types couldn't put a bullet in the ocean shooting from the end of a dock. Lots of them are kids less than 20 years old.

BaiJiu

Would suggest, if you hunt and want your rifle out of the way until needed.
Install the Big Sky rack. Want rifle, just reach up and grab. Just that simple !!!!

I had a look at the Big sky web site, well built racks with excellent instructions for installation. The gallery has some photos of installations, at first I thought how come no picture of an RTV with their installation, than it clued in for me, they have a made at home rack made on made at home vehicles. At least I assume that is the intent.

kobe

Have no idea what the supply and demand situation is down in your country, but around here (Oregon) you can usually find a double 12 Gauge Stevens, or simular, in good usable operating condition for around $100 or less. I keep a couple in the outbuildings with a good shot of fluid film and they are in about the same condition as when I bought them. (Kept one on the tractor for about three years) Just cut it down to about 18 1/4 inchs or whatever your local laws allow. Please realize this is meant for the purpose you mentioned. My good guns get treated a whole lot better, and nowdays I would not walk to my mailbox without my 1911~~~~~~KOBE

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Our state is different than most.

Down here in the south, it's laws are so much different. We have open carry in this state ( Louisiana ), along with many neighboring states.
OPEN CARRY ....
That is in the open for the whole honest world to see !!!

Now concelled carry. That is where one has to get a license. Which is ok.
For 99.99999 % of the people I know, has this !!!!

It's something like AMERICAN EXPRESS, never leave home without it !!!

Depending on what I am doing. Weather I carry in a Galco Shoulder holster, (which I highly recommend), or on the side. That .45 is ALWAYS there. Along
with spare mags. ALWAYS !!!!

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I really like the sneaky Pete holster when I am at work. If you haven't seen one, people think it's a cell phone holster

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I really like the sneaky Pete holster when I am at work. If you haven't seen one, people think it's a cell phone holster
So, just curious. What do you carry in your sneaky pete? For it to resemble a cell phone I'd guess it would have to be a 380 or thereabouts.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
i dunno,,,the cell phones and such are what the thieves grab for.
If a thief broke into your house and you had a pistol, cell phone and a note that said "Only take one!", which do you think the thief would grab?

razerface

If a thief broke into your house and you had a pistol, cell phone and a note that said "Only take one!", which do you think the thief would grab?
This is a holster to be worn in public right? i am speaking of grab and run thieves in public. Purse snatcher types sometimes grab for cell phones.

That is also why I do not open carry, even though it is legal in ohio too.

in the above at your house,,,the thief would take both

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This is a holster to be worn in public right? i am speaking of grab and run thieves in public. Purse snatcher types sometimes grab for cell phones.

That is also why I do not open carry, even though it is legal in ohio too.

in the above at your house,,,the thief would take both
"i am speaking of grab and run thieves in public."
My bad. I misinterpreted your post. I didn't know you were talking about open carry in public.

We too have open carry but I never do it off my property for the reason you specified. I don't want to draw attention or take away whatever element of surprise I may have should something go down. If you open carry and some criminal sees it/you whilst committing a crime, you're now target number 1.

"in the above at your house,,,the thief would take both"
Oh, come on now. I left a note saying they could only take one. Do you actually think they would disregard my request? ;)

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
My sneaky Pete is for ruger LCP . Someone would have to rip your belt off to get the holster. It is through the belt loop or heavy metal locking belt clip. It is considered concealed carry.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 158

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Here is picture with flap open. I have been very happy with it. Never had anyone question it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 158