RTV-X1100C Information

Tom B

After owning a 2011 RTV900 I've decided to purchase the new RTV-X1100C. I was searching for owner reviews and came across another website that has a thread in which a few owners are having an issue with a loud "clunking" noise from all four wheels. From what I understand, one machine was returned with 50 hours on the clock. Another customer states that a dealer, local to him has new, unsold machines that have the same issue.

Does anyone here have the issue? Supposedly all of the new RTV's with IRS have the issue. I'm having my X1100C delivered later this week, and don't want to buy a new machine if the issue is wide spread.

Thanks

rapracing

Mine was delivered 2 weeks ago. I have noticed that clunk a couple of times. The most obvious time was when it was loaded with horse poop. My wife was with me and I mentioned to her and she heard the same thing. I did email my dealer on Sunday evening asking about it and have not heard from him yet. Will probably call today sometime if I don't get an answer.

One other thing I noticed is the bed is shorter but wider. When I had it loaded with wood it was light on the front end. I'd have thought with the shorter bed more weight would be on the front. I guess the IRS allows it to lift weight off the front?

Tom B

Mine was delivered 2 weeks ago. I have noticed that clunk a couple of times. The most obvious time was when it was loaded with horse poop. My wife was with me and I mentioned to her and she heard the same thing. I did email my dealer on Sunday evening asking about it and have not heard from him yet. Will probably call today sometime if I don't get an answer.

One other thing I noticed is the bed is shorter but wider. When I had it loaded with wood it was light on the front end. I'd have thought with the shorter bed more weight would be on the front. I guess the IRS allows it to lift weight off the front?

Here's a short video clip that demonstrates the noise and the wheel issue:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWdBpMFNHOw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

razerface

you aren't kidding,,that was short. It did not explain anything though,,,I can see the moving loose wheel. What has the play in it?

Tom B

I understand that,,,what has the play? Bearing? Housing? Rim? Upper? Lower?

Rapracing, Does yours have the play?

They weren't able to determine which was the issue. I believe the owner returned the unit to the dealer for answers.

King

This is going to be a great thread what other site had the information on it about the clunking noise

Tom B

This is going to be a great thread what other site had the information on it about the clunking noise

The other website is "tractor by net". Messick's Farm Equipment has responded in the thread, saying they have notified Kubota USA.

rapracing

I understand that,,,what has the play? Bearing? Housing? Rim? Upper? Lower?

Rapracing, Does yours have the play?

I went out and picked all four wheels up. The front does not appear to have any movement at this time. The rear both have some movement. Not as much as in the video but there is some. Not sure how much is acceptable? I can see some movement in the area where the axle goes through the bushing/bearing.

Tom B

I went out and picked all four wheels up. The front does not appear to have any movement at this time. The rear both have some movement. Not as much as in the video but there is some. Not sure how much is acceptable? I can see some movement in the area where the axle goes through the bushing/bearing.

How many hours on your machine?

King

I was thinking about trading up will have to wait and see on this if it turns out to be a big problem any movement like that will get worse over time that's what im thinking.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
............. this is not good.

If it has happened on many RTV's. Why have quality control taken over ?
That could not only turn into a serious issue, but a expensive issue down the
road ....

This is beyond the dealers. Kubota itself is going to have to take over this problem.

......... two guns

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Just Curious???? What would make this "a great thread"?

.... Think maybe what was ment, was it would be a great source of information, to help others get to the source of the problem.

..... Or a great informative thread !!! Wouldn't you think so .....

..... Two Guns

Thanks for the 411 on the X!
I will be checking mine later today. I've spent a lot of $ adding parts and little time driving it....
So far i'm very pleased with mine..

I am a little pissed at two of the larger suspension companies though. I was told by one of them that they would NOT be building a lift for the X-1100 because they are sticking with the "Popular" brands!

Last edited:

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I am thinking that Kubota is fading away with their quality !!!

KUBOTA better be careful .... At one time, their name was strong.

Just like Mack trucks. Remember, they were the toughest, most dependable truck on the market at one time.
Then they let the competion catch up, and competion is now leaps and bounds so far ahead on quality and technology. You never see Mack hardly anymore. No in the oilfield, not in heavy hauling .....

Hope Kubota is reading this. For this is a fact, and people are NOT going to
spend their hard earned money when there in no quality or service.

I know of many folks in this area alone, will not own another Kubota for reasons of the quality alone, not counting the ones that will not return for reasons of Kubota service and warranty....
Sorry Kubota, the truth is the truth. Better Wake Up !!!

I really like my RTV. But the way things are going with Kubota. Seriously, I would be scared to purchase a new one. They are going to have to show me more than what I been seeing .... That is a FACT !!!!

......... two guns

Attachments

• Draggin Death.jpg
    Draggin Death.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 586