Newbie question

Mark.Sibole

I woke up the other morning and had 2 flat tires on my RTV 900.Both on the drivers side.I jacked up the machine and rolled the tires to the non flat side then lowered it back to the ground.For some reason the damn tires are flat on that side too.Any suggestions on how to fix this????

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Not sure I understand. Flat = low or no air pressure.
What happens when you put the compressor to it and inflate the tires?

I'm afraid you ran over something nasty on that side and poked holes in both tires.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You got me Mark. ;)

I was scratching my head when I first read it and was thinking the obvious but bit on it anyway.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I get flat spots on my tractor tires if it sits for a long time. I need to drive it down the road for about 1/4 mile before they get round again.

Nevadablue

Did the first flat spot go away when the second showed up? Probably 'moving flat spot' syndrome which requires purchase of an 1100.

Mark.Sibole

Well with sub zero temps it took me 4 hours to switch out the 3 tires.They just didnt want to seal being so stiff.I had to install a tube on the tire to seat the beads then break 1 bead remove the tube then seat the bead.I hate winter time repairs but I have al new rubber on the ol girl once again.Il have to look into a good tire conditioner so the side walls dont dry rot on me.I now have 8 tires thet tread wise look like new but the side walls are so split the tubes even pop out when inflated.Michigan sand sure sucks the oil out of the tires...If anyone wants to buy my old tires let me know you can have them for 50 cents a piece plus shipping.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Mark, that is too cold for me. I have a hard time coping with temperatures and high humidity in the low 20's and teens when doing farm stuff. One day it got up to 25 and we about froze and so did the cows- fed them 2x those days.The picture below was taken after lunch and in the barn while working.
Please let us know if you find a quality sidewall conditioner. collie

Attachments

• 0107171645.jpg
    0107171645.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 51

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Spray Fluid Film on the rubber now and then to stop the dry rot?

Why not bring the new tires inside overnight to get them warm and pliable? Bring them out only when you want to mount. I bring my chainsaw bar oil in the house overnight when I plan on cutting the next day in cold temps.

When I have tires that don't like to seat, I use ether. Kind of dangerous but it works every time and I haven't gotten hurt yet.