50 Hr Review

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
:soapbox: X1100C Is Awesome! Oil change was a bit of a pita with removing skid plate and a tight fit for big hands pulling the oil filter. Two Hydro filters, engine filter and a gallon of liquid gold bota hydro fluid = $118 not including the gallon of Rotella. That is ok though I am planning to only pull maintenance because being a kubota everything else should just work!
The pros are too many to list almost everything about it is a pro, 4x4, diff lock, dump, cab everything smooth as butter. The only cons i can think of are the price, purchase and parts, and the top speed.... I know no one bought theirs for the top speed, and I did not buy my truck for its top speed but sometimes its nice to feel the wind in your hair :drive2:. Other than that the only minor things I would change are improved arm rests on the doors and inside door locks.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
but sometimes its nice to feel the wind in your hair

At 25 MPH max, you probably need something like this. ;)

iu

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
It was clean with runs of black. Kinda like when you change the oil in your tractor and pull the dipstick you can see the blend of old and new.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Air filter was clean all screens were clear of debris except the one under the seat it had corn fodder on it and grass. I added about two quarts of hydro under the seat to replace the filter exchange. The oil fill cap on top of the valve cover was not loose but not tight from dealer I guess, and the cotter pin, or hitch pin that holds the bottom pin on the dump cylinder is missing.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
About how much time did it take you to complete the work? I have no other diesel equipment but I am good with engines and maintenance. I don't want to have to pay the dealer.

I have large hands also - should I get my Daughter involved? :)

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Howdy Paw Paw!
It took me about a hour but I take my time turning wrenches I enjoy it. After the pita engine oil filter removal I looked in the owners manual and it said "disconnect the parking cable from the clamp". That would have probably given me more room to work, I may do that next time. I needed a filter wrench to loosen all three filters, also the smartest thing I have done lately is bought a Dewalt 18v electric grease gun, man I don't know how I ever greased with out it!

Last edited:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
About how much time did it take you to complete the work? I have no other diesel equipment but I am good with engines and maintenance. I don't want to have to pay the dealer.

I have large hands also - should I get my Daughter involved? :)

I bet she would like helping :) That's how I got started and close to my Dad. Miss him everyday. collie