Slinging mud on X1100 with tracks

semper_fi

Ok, here's the deal, love my Camoplast tracks on my X1100C, but they sling mud all over the back and sides of my machine. I run them year round and plow snow with them. But in the warmer weather, they trash my Bota.

Anybody find a solution for this or is this something I just have to put up with?

By the way, they ARE expensive, but well worth the money ..... two years and look the same as new.

SF

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
How deep are the lugs in your tracks? Wondering if something that won't dig as much wouldn't pick up as much mud for flinging. (Think of turf tires vs. R1 ag tires).

Doc has a sister forum to this called ForumsForums.
http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/index.php

There's forum sections to discuss most anything but there's a huge group of people there that do tracked vehicles. Mostly sno-cats but there's a ton of information there.

Here's the general forum section.
http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/forumdisplay.php?f=65

semper_fi

Thanks, but the treads are the reason that it goes so well in the snow and mud. I don't think anyone makes shorter growsers on their tracks.

I appreciate the response anyhow,
SF

Mark.Sibole

With the bonus of traction of the tracks there is the dis advantage of the mud flying.Only way to keep the mud down is a low speed.I drove dozers for many years and it was the same shing.Slow speed means no mud flying around.High speed means mud all over the place.If it gets muddy and you want to go fast invest in a power washer for the summer is all I can say.

cpsseals

I'm strongly considering the same setup for my 1100 and was wondering if you've noticed any other negatives with your tracks.
Guess I'm mostly concerned with added wear and tear on the RTV itself. I've read that CV boots and joints don't last very long because of ice build up.

Thanks

semper_fi

Not seen any problems with the tracks. They 'float' over wet ground. Snow and ice don't seem to cause any problems.

I just had the machine into the dealer for a 'spider' problem, described in another post, and all the service folks wanted to take it out to test it. If it wasn't for the salty price, I think they all would be buying a set.

I did have to put an extender on the hitch to clear any binds when the plow was angled to the full right or left. Other than that, no problem pushing the snow .... nothing I've hit stops it.

SF :wow:

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
I was wondering about that, my dad put some on his 2017 Polaris general and it won't turn them unless it's moving but he has electric assist steering I think. He busted through a frozen creek a couple of weeks back, he couldn't back out because the ice was above the tracks and couldn't go forward because the bank of the creek, couldn't get out because running water so he just punched it, one track climbed the bank the other twisted under the machine and bent the bracket that prevents that from happening. He walked out to the trail head 8 miles in search of help....

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Nobody said tanks are fast! It is curious though I wonder why they gear them so low? I would love to some day get tracks but I plow a few driveways that are about 8 miles down the road, 25mph is bearable but 12.5mph oooph....

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
How deep are the lugs in your tracks? Wondering if something that won't dig as much wouldn't pick up as much mud for flinging. (Think of turf tires vs. R1 ag tires).

Doc has a sister forum to this called ForumsForums.
http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/index.php

There's forum sections to discuss most anything but there's a huge group of people there that do tracked vehicles. Mostly sno-cats but there's a ton of information there.

Here's the general forum section.
http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/forumdisplay.php?f=65

Thanks, but the treads are the reason that it goes so well in the snow and mud. I don't think anyone makes shorter growsers on their tracks.

I appreciate the response anyhow,
SF

What BC was saying is that we have lots of members on the other site that run tracked vehicles of all kinds. They might have a solution to help with your mud slinging issue.