Is there anyone that can fix 1140CPX Transmissions 2014 ?

Slamm

I have two 1140 CPX's that have great 1100hr diesel engines, and everything works with metal tops and doors, but the transmissions don't work. One of them has been to two of three dealers and the other one has been to 2 of 3 local dealers.

None of these three dealers can tell me what is wrong with them. They literally just say, "Well, we have to tear them open and see what is wrong." .......Okay, how much...."We don't know, might be $2,000-$6,000."

This is ludicrous for what I have already paid them, they should be able to have a rough idea of what is wrong with them.

One of them machines stills had medium range, but not low or high. The other one, nobody knows what is wrong with it.....and that is coming from Kubuta dealers....not some shady mechanic.....What do I do?

Is there anyone that I can take both of these machines to in the Kentucky or surrounding states that I can have confidence in, figuring out and fixing the transmission problems?

Its like they sell a machine and if anything goes wrong, they just figure it runs on magic dust and have no idea how it operates or what could likely be that went wrong.

I have another post about trying to fix them, but it didn't really go anywhere. I would like to find someone who has fixed these RTV transmissions, several times.

Let me know, what you guys think.
Sam

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Slamm .If it were me, I give the dealer mentioned in the other thread(of Dennis') a phone call and see what they had to say. I never had transmission troubles so am unsure of what could have happened. I do have one question though, does the mystery broken one drive in 4wd ? If it did, I'd look at the rear wheel axle splines..There have been cases where they had been sheared off and wouldn't turn the rear wheels. Good Luck . collie

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
if you are having gear problems and not problems with the hydrostat. you probably have a broken shift fork. pretty common when folks try to force the shift. should be a relatively easy and cheap fix.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Slamm .If it were me, I give the dealer mentioned in the other thread(of Dennis') a phone call and see what they had to say. I never had transmission troubles so am unsure of what could have happened. I do have one question though, does the mystery broken one drive in 4wd ? If it did, I'd look at the rear wheel axle splines..There have been cases where they had been sheared off and wouldn't turn the rear wheels. Good Luck . collie

I definitely would call Kubota of Chattanooga and see what Dewayne, the mechanic, has to say...…..Goood Luck and God bless.....Dennis

Slamm

Yes, I'm going to call this dealer for sure and see what comes of it. As a side note.....are there any non-dealers that have fixed various issues, whether it is just simply a fork issue or even major breakage within one of these either transmissions or hydro-stats.... I mean, it just seems horrible to have a part of a machine that is so complex that dealers simply don't care to even make an attempt at diagnosis or fixing it. I mean, talking to the dealers and the mechanics about these transmissions is like asking a primitive native how a digital watch works. They literally have no idea, and it should be their business to know how it works and why, and why and how they break.

My opinion, and thanks for the help with the dealer.

Sam

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
not all dealers are the same. sounds like you are on the right track. in my experience a dealer who sells and services tractors,combines usually have the skills to understand these simple machines. there have been plenty of folks right here on this site tear them down and repair in their garage with no special tools.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Yes, I'm going to call this dealer for sure and see what comes of it. As a side note.....are there any non-dealers that have fixed various issues, whether it is just simply a fork issue or even major breakage within one of these either transmissions or hydro-stats.... I mean, it just seems horrible to have a part of a machine that is so complex that dealers simply don't care to even make an attempt at diagnosis or fixing it. I mean, talking to the dealers and the mechanics about these transmissions is like asking a primitive native how a digital watch works. They literally have no idea, and it should be their business to know how it works and why, and why and how they break.

My opinion, and thanks for the help with the dealer.

Sam

So true, REAL, HONEST.....We all face this dilemma with our machines and equipment. Just paid a whole bunch of money for a Green product. There is a little device on it that I cant understand what it is. Called my dealer and "I dont know, I'll get with the office and get back to you"...…….NO RETURN CALL IN TWO WEEKS.…...on and on...….We need a rant thread...…..
Sam, thanks for your thoughts and participation with US...…..Dennis