#25 Massey Ferguson 3-point disc!

Howdy gang! Been swamped the last few days. Feeling good, and getting skinny. Lost 26 lbs so far.

I finally got around to painting my old disc. It's a #25 Massey Ferguson 7'-6" now. It WAS 8'-10" when I bought it. Too wide to haul, I pulled the axles, cut 7-1/2" off each and then re-threaded them. Re-installed with one less blade and one less spool per gang. New disc blades on the front gangs, best of the old ones on the rear. These are the absolute best working 3-point disc's ever made. The handles allow "on the fly" gang angle adjustment. They dig really well for their weight, they leave a nice level seedbed, and with the removal of a lock bolt, each gang can float several inches. I've got a whoppin' $310 wrapped up in this'n!

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 39
And a few more!

She's been sandblasted, 2 coats of primer, several coats of enamel, and new decals. I hate to get it dirty now:pat:

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 39
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 42

Mark777

Excellent job and beautiful results. And Hey, I see something identical that's in your shop just like mine...

the floor :D

N

Nicahawk

Very well done......the pride in your workmanship sure shows! :respect:

:tiphat: Well done old chap! If I had a place to plow I would have you fix me up with one just like it! Dennis:applause:

I did up a Massey Ferguson #66 plow this time last year. It's got new shares, shins, moldboards, landslides, trash boards, and coulter hubs. Totally disassembled, sandblasted, primed, painted, decals, and ready to flip sod!
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb25/Bigboy1mf/plowday10-4.jpg

Picture is "pre-decal".

Here's a later photo, "garage dust" included at no extra charge!

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb25/Bigboy1mf/seatplow010.jpg

renovator

I picked up a disk like that only it was a 12 foot with a broken axle. I cut it down to 10 foot. I had to weld the broken axel together. I used it a couple of times and the axle held together. I wanted to paint it this winter but the winter was long and I was not able to get it done. I'll paint this summer if time allows. I'll get the Model no. then. I hope mine looks that good. Renovator.

Archdean

You do nice work and am glad that your feeling better but you said "I've got a whoppin' $310 wrapped up in this'n!" :tiphat:

Now your just refering to the paint! No? :pat:

You do nice work and am glad that your feeling better but you said "I've got a whoppin' $310 wrapped up in this'n!" :tiphat:

Now your just refering to the paint! No? :pat:

Disc $240, Paint and primer $40, decals $20, 2 cans of degreaser $10.

Saving something old for another lifetime of use. PRICELESS!

Ooooops. Forgot to add in the $190 for the new front disc blades (inc freight)

So....$500 total.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
WOW! As usual I'm very impressed with your work. GREAT JOB!!!!!!!
It looks freaking Awesome!!!!
I does look to good to get dirty ....at least not right away. :hide: :D