Net Tractor Talk

Go Back   Net Tractor Talk > Off Topic Chatter Forums > NTT General Info Forum

NTT General Info Forum Rules and Guidelines If you have a problem with the forums, post a question about it here.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Chief Bottle Washer / Admin

Doc is on a distinguished road
Default How to post a question.

New members have asked "How do I post a question?".

Well, I'm finally getting around to writing up some general directions. Feel free to add to my answer as that will help a wider range of our audience be able to make sense of how to create a new post / aka how to post a question.

1st click on the logo at the top left of the screen (Net Tractor Talk), this will list the forum front page and show all the forums.

2nd look down over the list of forums and pick the one that fits your questions topic best. Don't fret, if you put it in the wrong forum we can move it for you later, so just take your best guess and click on that forum name.

3rd Once you've clicked on the forum name in step 2 look near the top left, under the logo and ribbon bar you'll see a "New Post" button. Click that button and it will take you to an editor.

4th. Type up your question in the editor box.

5th. If you want to add a picture scroll down below the submit post button and look for the manage attachments button. Click that to browse to the picture on your computer, and hit the upload button.

6th, hit submit.

Dat's it. Once posted you will have 60 minutes to modify / edit your post.

Other Fun Forums:
Forums Forums .com +++ Net Cooking Talk Forums +++
Old 02-28-2012, 09:26 PM

bczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nice

I added a bit, in BLUE

New members have asked "How do I post a question?".

Well, I'm finally getting around to writing up some general directions. Feel free to add to my answer as that will help a wider range of our audience be able to make sense of how to create a new post / aka how to post a question.

1st click on the logo at the top left of the screen (Net Tractor Talk), this will list the forum front page and show all the forums.

2nd look down over the list of forums and pick the one that fits your questions topic best. Don't fret, if you put it in the wrong forum we can move it for you later, so just take your best guess and click on that forum name.

3rd Once you've clicked on the forum name in step 2 look near the top left, under the logo and ribbon bar you'll see a "New Thread" button. Click that button and it will take you to an editor.

4th. Type up your question in the editor box.

5th. If you want to add a picture scroll down below the submit post button and look for the manage attachments button. A small pop-up window will appear. Click that to browse to the picture on your computer, and hit the upload button. Wait until the "Uploading Pictures, Please wait" goes away. You'll also know it's done when your picture is listed in the "Current Attachments" section on the pop-up page. Close the pop-up window when all attachments are done.

6th, hit submit.

Dat's it. Once posted you will have 60 minutes to modify / edit your post.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:08 AM

GreenWannabe is on a distinguished road

BC, your blue looks awfully red to me! Good catch, though!

Fred
Old 02-29-2012, 05:20 PM
Chief Bottle Washer / Admin

Doc is on a distinguished road

Looks red to me too Fred. I thought I was going color blind. :yum;

Thanks BC for the clarification.

Other Fun Forums:
Forums Forums .com +++ Net Cooking Talk Forums +++