Fuel adjustment.

Ngwarrington

I need to set my fuel adjustment screw back to factory since i can see its been tampered with. Anyone know this procedure or can steer me in right direction? TIA.

2004 RTV 900

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
that screw on the front really and truly isn't a true fuel adjustment but it does somewhat adjust the fuel by allowing the governor more travel on the fuel rack. in order to set the fuel you need to take the pump to a shop and let them adjust delivery. if you are concerned with the screw then remember if you adjust the screw out will alolow the gov more travel and in will give less. it won't affect RPM and that is important. if te Gov limit screw on the throttle lever has been tampered with then all you need is a tach and adjust it back to spec. is your machine smokeing??

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i refer to the screw on the front of the engine as the "Smoke Screw" if this screw is adjusted to far in it will definitely affect power but if it is adjusted to far out all it will do is produce more smoke and waste fuel. it is best to adjust it out or in until the engine just barely begins to smoke under full load stall. i suspect that the factory settings on these are set to far in in order to meet emissions.