Steering hose leak

Rockarosa

I have an 1120 and the power steering hose is leaking. Looks like you have to take the dash out to change it. Has anyone on here changed out
the hoses?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i haven't done it myself but remember reading on this site i think of someone who changed out their PS hoses. i think they unbolted the steering motor with the wheel attached and accessed the hoses. if the leak is in the return line like mine was all i needed was to cut the 1/2 inch off of the end and reinstall a better clamp.

Rockarosa

Okay , Thank you. I just came in from the garage and it sure looks like you have yo take the dash out. I took the glove box out thinking that I may be able to reach over and check for tightness but there is a steel plate blocking it.

Rockarosa

It has around 300 hours. Leaking from the top. Dealer says you have to take the dash off to get to the fittings.

Rockarosa

Had the 1120 picked up by the dealer Monday morning. They brought it back on Thursday. Pretty fast service. Both the pressure and return lines were loose and leaking. They had to remove the hood, rollbar dash and steering wheel. Had them also adjust the hydraulic pressure for the shifting. It shifts in and out of gear so much easier. With the repairs and the towing it cost me $ 430.00 I am satisfied.